250 Smith Street
North Kingstown, RI 02852
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Responsible for performing a variety of technical support duties in one or more manufacturing areas. Duties may be related to installation, maintenance, repair and support of manufacturing equipment, technical support of one or more production processes, product test and troubleshooting, and technical analyses and problem-solving. Conducts tests, experiments and/or problem resolution associated with components, parts, products or processes/systems. May design and/or build tools.
Lab Process/Production: In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, cGMP guidelines and all regulatory standards, performs, interprets, troubleshoots and documents laboratory tests and procedures in a production environment, including a wide variety of analytical testing using manual and automated methods and procedures. Performs calibration on production equipment. Documents test results/procedures/processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation, setup and operation of processing equipment and materials for the manufacture of chemical standards.
- Executes daily assigned portion of production schedule in an efficient and organized manner.
- Participates, cooperates and contributes as part of a team.
- Identifies and implements improvements within their assign area.
- Provides feedback to supervisor, lead technician or technical support group on safety, quality, interpersonal and process related issues.
- Develops solutions on how to resolve issues that are identified during daily work.
- Works with the technical support group to ensure proper working condition of equipment and quality of product.
- Works to maintain the accuracy of material inventory.
The above duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature of working being done by this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, as business needs dictate.
In addition to the above:
- Help train and give guidance to other Agilent employees
- Adheres and follows all safety required guidelines. Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area.
- Provide customers with the highest quality of products and services
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
- Promote the Agilent Values
- May require some higher education or specialized training/certification, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically minimum of 3 plus years of relevant experience for entry to this level.
- Requires complete understanding of general and technical aspects of job.