Procurement Specialist, New Product Introduction
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic, and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
"What's it like to work at Agilent in Manufacturing? Watch the video"
As a New Product Procurement Specialist in the Life Sciences and Applied Markets Group, your primary responsibilities will be working as a procurement functional lead for NPI projects to ensure a successful product introduction by managing the procurement deliverables. You will be required to develop a thorough understanding of the procurement processes and acquire knowledge of all job functions and critical NPI processes performed within procurement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage procurement deliverables throughout the NPI lifecycle process
- Proper sourcing to meet project objectives for cost, time-to-market, quality, and production performance, while balancing overall procurement/order fulfillment initiatives.
- Primary interface between R&D, Order Fulfillment, and Procurement.
- Validates and provides costing roll-ups for each project checkpoint and possibly more frequently based on project need
- Initiates procurement plans or updates to the manufacturing plan to the OF lead.
- Tracks materials to ensure it is available for each scheduled build, updates the R&D and OF teams as to any risks and facilitates potential workarounds for material shortages.
- Works with the Planner via the SAP timeline team to determine ramp up/down schedules, how it will be communicated to procurement, and tracks potential excess materials.
- May need to quote suppliers, create purchase orders, ensure their receipts in the system, and reconcile any purchase order issues with suppliers and Accounts Payable team.
- Achieve the above-mentioned responsibilities utilizing Agilent procurement tools such as SAP, Agile, Ariba, etc.
- Participate in project team meetings globally. May require travel.
- Experience in procurement processes and working knowledge of all critical NPI processes performed within procurement
- Knowledge of Bill of Materials and their structure concepts is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with PLM & ERP software (Agile, Ariba, and SAP a plus).
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work and manage multiple tasks in an interrupt-driven environment.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills and can collaborate and work effectively with others
- Good business acumen with positive solutions-orientated approach and ability to build productive relationships
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the strategic business intent with respect to Order Fulfillment and how it affects the decisions of where the product will be manufactured, and where the material should be sourced
- Ability to work effectively across cultures and in a global team environment
- Ability to influence and align people at all levels of the organization
- Seeks mutual agreement on expectations and deliverables; holds self and others accountable.
- Continually demonstrates reliability and delivery of results, which are executed with a sense of urgency
- Continually learns and applies new concepts. Is creative and innovative. Acts as a knowledge resource and shares with others. Ability to train and mentor individuals.
- Networks to keep up knowledge and capability
- Willingness and ability to travel worldwide
Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree or equivalent University Degree plus a minimum of 4 years relevant experience, with typically 4-10 years practical experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience in procurement, logistics/inventory management, part setups and product structure, Agile-based PLM (or similar) including configuration/change management.