91 Blue Ravine Road
Folsom, CA 95630
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience working in a fast-paced, high-throughput LEAN manufacturing facility, producing products used world-wide for ensuring quality and compliance in such areas as: consumer products, pharmaceuticals, drug testing, environmental monitoring, Homeland Security, forensics, and others.
Agilent Technologies is seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for its growing consumables manufacturing facility located in Folsom, California. Agilent's chemical analysis consumables business is an industry leader in both market share and performance. Agilent is seeking individuals with demonstrated skills in quality, machine troubleshooting, teamwork, and communication.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Perform a variety of technical support duties in manufacturing, utility, and laboratory areas. Duties may be related to installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and support of manufacturing equipment, technical support of production processes, technical analyses and problem-solving.
- Execution and coordination of process maintenance activities including PMs, emergency repairs, spare parts, and electronic asset management system.
- Support activities including authoring / reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Deviations, and Corrective and Preventative Action plans (CAPAs) as required.
- Ability and willingness to handle gas cylinders, chemicals and solvents.
- Ability to perform maintenance and troubleshooting on process, chemical, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), electrical and controls schematics, site drawings, equipment manuals, and safety procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand, walk, use hands to grasp or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Shift: This position will have a shift M-F from 5:30 AM to 2:00 PM PT; overtime may be required.
- 3+ years related experience and/or training in a maintenance/engineering environment supporting manufacturing operations.
- High School Education or equivalent (GED).
- Knowledge of OSHA, local safety guidelines, and lock-out tag-out.
- Experience in chemistry and/or biochemical manufacturing environment.
- Experience with automation, robotics, high vacuum systems, laser systems, industrial control systems (PLC’s), machining and fabrication equipment and tools.