3600 Boston Street
Baltimore, MD 21224
The Bioinformatics Specialist is a customer-facing role providing technical expertise in bioinformatics and PGDx lab solutions. This position will support the sale and support of PGDx bioinformatics solutions by providing technical expertise in bioinformatics to labs and customers in support of the commercial team. This role will also provide technical support for customers during the sales and implementation process.
The Bioinformatics Specialist will also be responsible for internalizing key customer feedback and competitive market information, as well as maintaining documentation of all customer complaints and feedback utilizing PGDx’s quality management system.
In addition to the customer facing role, the Bioinformatics Specialist will work in tandem with the Software Development & Analysis team to provide requirements and feedback for future customer-facing solutions related to the PGDx elio platform. This includes Linux, Bioinformatic, and other software-based engineering and troubleshooting.
The Bioinformatics Specialist works well in a matrix organization and develops productive relationships with the internal teams, sales organization, and customers, to ensure PGDx supports and delivers competitive, customer driven products for precision medicine and oncology.
- Provide bioinformatics expertise to support sales and support of PGDx solutions for all customers
- Describe and support the bioinformatic methods, data files and reports for PGDx solutions with customer in both sales and support functions
- Involvement in and responsibility for description and support of bioinformatics solutions, including customer training, education and/or troubleshooting on PGDx solutions, including software and associated hardware, instrumentation, and applications in all markets. Some repair work may be required.
- Gather, and report back to the software development team, requirements for custom solutions and improvements
- Implement custom solutions created by the software team at the customer’s site and be responsible for troubleshooting any issues with middleware.
- Involvement in creating new products through a combination of IT and bioinformatic software solutions.
- Contribute to and manage an internal knowledge base, leveraging internal subject matter experts to provide more streamlined support to Customer Service and Support.
- Create and maintain customer facing technical documentation.
- Manage internal voice of customer requests from submission to completion.
- Contribute to achieving and maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain highest possible level of technical knowledge.
- Provide second-tier support for Customer Service and Support by performing trainings, seminars, and troubleshooting for internal and external customers.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with customers.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of reference customers.
- Maintaining highest customer satisfaction.
- Actively promote PGDx products and assist in exceeding revenue targets.
- Utilize all available tools such as relevant databases to input information that will increase effectiveness.
- Give active feedback to Sales, Marketing, Development, and your team/management
- Manage effective available time and resources.
- Provide international and interstate support when required.
- Positively represent PGDx in front of the customer, be a good example!
- Maybe required to complete laboratory work and work with hazardous substances such as acids and solvents and to work in biological laboratories up to BSL3.
- Accurate and timely documentation of customer interactions in PGDx’s customer relationship management system.
- Will be required to travel (up to 30%).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in fields of science, information systems, or IT.
- Extensive bioinformatics experience, including familiarity with tools, methods approaches, data, and file formats with at least 2 years practical experience highly desirable.
- Extensive Linux experience, with at least 2 years practical experience highly desirable
- Experience with lab information and management systems (LIS/LIMs) preferred
- Comprehensive technical knowledge and understanding of Next-generation-sequencing (NGS) technologies and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills required.
- Valid driver’s license and Passport and willingness to travel, nationally and internationally.
- Experience working in a clinical or regulatory environment.
- Written and verbal English language communication skills, additional languages highly desirable.
- Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments included Development, Sales, Marketing and Finance.
- Ability to follow business processes and give feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and in a structured work environment.
How to Apply
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to [email protected]
About Our Organization
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic technologies for drug development and clinical practice.