Account Executive NY/NJ/PA
Remote, NJ 07001
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is remote and the candidate should ideally live in the PA/NJ/NY area.
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world's first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for an Account Executive located in the NY/NJ/PA area.
We are looking for an outstanding, experienced Account Executive to drive sales of Inscripta’s Onyx™ Digital Genome Engineering Platform and its consumables, assays and services. This individual will be part of a growing team of high performing individuals who bring those qualities and who are committed to enabling transformative science. We are innovating at the center of a revolutionary opportunity to leverage biology across our global economy. CRISPR is a major advancement that will allow scientists to not only read genes, but now write (or edit), which provides massive new opportunities across many industries. Production yields can improve, and new product traits can be created that will drive new product innovation. These possibilities play into a number of urgent global themes, such as sustainability and human health.
- Act as a sales driver for the Inscripta OnyxTM Digital Genome Editing platform and proprietary consumables by identifying, developing, and closing high-value sales opportunities to meet/exceed assigned revenue targets.
- Utilize acquired knowledge of the gene editing and synthetic biology market and accounts to engage and influence key decision makers.
- Develop and implement effective pre-sales educational campaigns, deliver customer-facing seminars and other key growth activities to support assigned revenue goals and expansion of both brand and product awareness in the marketplace, leading to a measurable and sustainable funnel of opportunities.
- Work as a seamless team with Field Application Scientist(s) to develop action plans for specific customers and ensure the highest level of professional client communication to drive sales.
- Identify and nurture KOL's in multiple application areas and develop relationships to catalyze the sales and marketing efforts.
- Professionally and proactively communicate with external and internal customers.
- Develop deep knowledge of accounts, funding, competition in territory leading to recurring accurate forecasting of sales.
- At least 5-8 years of sales experience in one or more of the following areas: CRISPR-based genome editing, life science tools, l genomics, synthetic biology, metabolic engineering or high-throughput screening.
- Proven ability to sell sophisticated, high-throughput instrument platforms and allied proprietary consumables in a highly technical environment.
- Relationships with decision makers/influencers and leading researchers in the synthetic biology and gene editing community.
- Proven success in selling complex solutions to diverse, consortia-based clientele.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-8’ experience and exceptional qualifications. Ph.D. Or Master's degree in a relevant field and relevant lab experience a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a highly innovative, fast-paced startup environment, collaborating closely with other cross-functional and geographically distributed teams.
- Average 40-50% travel in assigned sales territory.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Inscripta is a life science technology company enabling scientists to solve some of today’s most pressing challenges with the first benchtop system for genome editing. The company’s automated Onyx™ platform, consisting of an instrument, consumables, assays, and software, makes CRISPR-based genome engineering accessible to any research lab. Inscripta supports its customers around the world from facilities in Boulder, Colo.; San Diego and Pleasanton, Calif.; and Copenhagen, Denmark. To learn more, visit Inscripta.com and follow @InscriptaInc.