Sr. Scientist - Transgenics
1505 Westec Dr.
Eugene, OR 97402
How We Take Care of Our Humans
In addition to our friendly and collegial staff, we offer a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee Events – including Summer BBQs, community service, and holiday-related events (virtually and in-person when we are able)
- COVID-19 precautions include remote (Zoom) interviewing, remote meetings, office and lab safety protocols as well as a requirement for all employees and visitors to be fully vaccinated .
The Sr Scientist plays a leading role in our collaborative Transgenics team. You will use your experience with CRISPR/Cas9 and team leadership skills to deliver genome edited zebrafish and C elegans for our clients. From providing standardized transgenic designs to troubleshooting and operationalizing new editing technologies/designs, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a growing and dynamic biotech company.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Utilize your extensive bench and CRISPR/Cas9 experience to complete genome editing projects.
- Manage the output of the MolBio transgenics pipeline to meet commercial and grant deadlines, with the ability to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Review, analyze, and communicate results effectively internally and externally.
- Ensure execution and adherence to SOPs, detailed project tracking and documentation.
- Provide continuous process improvement to optimize timelines in the engineering pipeline.
- May train, manage and develop lab staff
- Develop and write protocols and SOPs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned and supporting other teams as needed.
InVivo Biosystems is looking for individuals that possess a positive can-do attitude, are motivated by doing a job well, are adaptable and flexible, have a continuous improvement mindset and will thrive in a fast-paced collaborative and diverse environment. In addition, successful candidates will have the following:
- PhD in molecular biology, bioengineering or similar field and 2-4 years of related experience OR a Master’s degree in similar fields with at least 5 years of molecular biology bench experience.
- Highly experienced with CRISPR genome editing methodologies (KO and HDR) or Tol2 transposon based transgenesis.
- Extensive experience with standard molecular biology techniques including PCR, primer design, DNA Sequence Analysis.
- Experience with zebrafish, C. elegans, drosophila or other animal models required. Preference will be given to applicants with previous Zebrafish experience.
- Experience in industry or commercial laboratory setting highly desired.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve, apply critical thinking skills, and respond to changing goals.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex scientific data.
- Desire and experience with managing and/or mentoring lab staff.
- Experience using Asana or similar software.
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Suite or similar software.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website at InVivo Biosystems/Careers - Sr. Scientist
About Our Organization
InVivo Biosystems provides essential genome edited animals and analytical services that enable pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, biotechnology companies and research institutions around the globe to accelerate their research and drug discovery efforts. We are based in Eugene, OR at the southern end of the beautiful Willamette Valley.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Inclusion, it’s in our DNA. At InVivo Biosystems, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that encourages, supports, and celebrates diversity. These are not just words for us – we actively seek to create an environment that reflects the global community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are scientists, researchers, business people, and barrier breakers - we are unique individuals. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion drive innovation. Together, we spark the insights that create a better, healthier world.
InVivo Biosystems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.