Field Service Engineer I
10182 Telesis Ct.
San Diego, CA 92121
Summary of Role:
We are seeking a Field Service Engineer, Level 1 to support and perform BioXp installation and servicing activities as well as provide remote customer technical support and troubleshooting via phone and email. This role will report to the Director, Global Service & Support. A successful candidate will be solution oriented, customer centric, and understands the importance of partnering with other Commercial stakeholders to achieve success. This person will work closely with Customer Service, Technical Support, Field Application Scientists, Sales, and other global Field Service Colleagues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and troubleshoot field deployed products to find, repair and document failures.
- Respond, track, and update to customer product service issues in a timely and professional.
- Log field, customer issues and updates within CRM system.
- Updates and assists in preparation of field service-related documentation for new or existing products, including troubleshooting guides, repair and calibration procedures.
- Coordinate with customers and other Customer Service and Sales staff on status of repairs and any required service visits or preventative maintenance.
- Track field unit status and coordinate with sales and customer service to facilitate sales of extended service contracts.
- Present complied service data and performance metrics to Sr. Staff when/as required.
- Manage field service parts inventory.
- Ability to travel throughout the service area at short notice.
- Coordinate activities across Customer Service, Technical Support, and 3rd Party Service Provider to achieve a seamless repair strategy
- All other duties as assigned or necessary
- Must have great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate processes and findings clearly
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Highly adaptable and thrives in challenging situations
- Desires a rapidly growing and dynamic company environment
- Demonstrated logic and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of business-related system software such as Microsoft Dynamics ERP and Salesforce systems is preferred
- Familiarity with lab automation systems, particularly fluid handling, and thermal control systems
- Takes initiative and wants to grow with Codex DNA
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience; or applicable military experience
- Experience using electro-mechanical systems including motors, sensors, switches and precise thermal control systems is mandatory
- Must have knowledge of working within a life science equipment company
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics
How to Apply
Please apply through the link below:
About Our Organization
About Codex DNA:
Our mission is to apply our breakthroughs in automation solutions for DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis to enable customers to program and "write" synthetic biology that creates sustainable healthcare and technology solutions for some of humanity’s biggest challenges. Our gene synthesis portfolio reduces the turnaround time for synthesizing workflows from weeks and months to days and hours, and includes the BioXp™ system, DNA services, Gibson Assembly® reagents, and Vmax™ chemically competent cells. In addition to automating, accelerating, and optimizing DNA design, synthesis, cloning and amplification, Codex DNA and the BioXp™ system ensure your designs stay in your hands, marrying speed and security for innovators in drug discovery, vaccine development, precision medicine, and beyond.