Customer Facing Project Manager
Boston City Limits Remote Location
Boston, MA 02241
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Where will your specialized knowledge and technical leadership not only make an impact, but also develop even further? Right here, where you will lead the development and delivery of large integrated customer solutions by redefining broad concepts into structured programs. You will also lead the design of multi-national/multi-partner projects, delivering solutions for sophisticated, high impact issues, and building effective client relationships.
In this role, the experienced project manager supports the sale and handles the solution design/development of large integrated service projects to external customers; often involving multi-function and multi-vendor efforts. These projects can include but are not limited to: Asset Management Program assistance, relocation of customer assets, facility inventories, and other projects as identified. For at least the first year this position will be located at a specified customer site.
The desired candidate for this position can assist with determining overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule, and staffing requirements. They will assist our external customers in the definition and implementation of complex integrated solutions requiring CrossLab services. They are responsible for assisting in the pricing of customized solutions and ensuring implementation or delivery within specified goals. It is important that this Project Manager can build and maintain client and delivery partner relationships while coordinating internal and external project team members. In addition, the candidate will have a strong attention to detail, will maintain all data and reports, as well as sharing project status and reports with internal and external stakeholders. In addition, they will handle assigned internal projects in support of the development and delivery of Service Support Division (SSD) services and delivery.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Can demonstrate a commitment to industry accepted project management processes, practices, tools, and behaviors with a proven track record of project participation or management.
- Can assist with 3rd Party vendors on-boarding and contracting for assigned projects
- Is very detail oriented and good at multi-tasking
- Can be mobile for up to 8 hours with limited breaks
- Can communicate effectively, lead meetings, and maintain documentation that is shared with customers, sales, and management
- Is flexible and can an adapt to change, can make tough trade-offs when vital-- within a timeline, project or needs of the department
- Works well in diverse teams with a sense of urgency, while being willing and able to make course corrections if one path isn't working
- Has the core values of Trust, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork and is accountable for their actions
Job Requirement: * Meet Agilent approved customer/vendor credentialing requirements necessary to gain site access, unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by customer/vendor and may include, but are not limited to: post-employment background checks, various forms of drug testing, vaccinations, fingerprinting, proof of valid identification, and/or adherence to customer-specific substance abuse programs. Your consent to participate in customer requested screening is a requirement of this position.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific field preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training and hands on experience
- 4+ years of professional work experience
- Laboratory technical experience or laboratory instrument service and maintenance experience (prefer pharmaceutical Instrumentation experience) preferred
- Basic GMP and GLP experience preferred
- Lean Six Sigma background and PMP certification preferred
- Familiarity with the following software is desired - Microsoft Office (Excel / word / Share Point). Additional software such as Maximo, SAP, or other Data management software, MS Project, Visio, Smart Sheet or other project management software knowledge