Postdoctoral Fellow, Precision Medicine in Ovarian Cancer
619 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10001
The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) Research Institute is a growing and successful nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate cures through stem cell research.
NYSCF is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to join the Oncology Research Team. This group is creating a preclinical platform for personalized medicine using human 3D tumor models and integrating molecular and pharmacological features to enable patient-specific therapy testing.
In this role, you will report directly to the NYSCF Research Investigator, Oncology and will work closely with an interdisciplinary team of stem cell biologists, immunologists, automation engineers, and data scientists within the NYSCF Research Institute.
You are independent, self-motivated and have a strong interest in cancer modeling and translational research. You have a solid background in primary cell culture and/or complex cell culture systems. Specific experience with organoid technologies, adult stem cell biology, immunology, and/or omics is a distinct advantage. iPSC experience is desired but not required.
What you'll do:
- Perform human tissue culture to create organoid models of ovarian cancer
- Design and optimize organoid co-culture protocols to model the tumor microenvironment
- Perform cell culture to support ongoing projects differentiating iPSCs
- Develop, optimize and deploy blood lineage-specific iPSCs differentiation protocols
- Establish molecular, phenotypic, and imaging assays for cell and organoid line characterization
- Contribute to automation of cancer organoid cultures for biobanking, phenotyping, and drug screening
- Maintain accurate, complete records and protocols
- Communicate in written and oral form with a multidisciplinary team
- Execute, troubleshoot and communicate tasks independently and effectively
What we're looking for:
- Recent PhD in cancer biology or another related field
- Experience with primary cell culture and/or 3D culture systems
- Extensive hands-on experience with molecular, cellular and imaging techniques is required
- Strong interest in developing and implementing new technologies, ability to troubleshoot, and creative problem solving
- Able to analyze and interpret data and report findings succinctly
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Adaptability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment requiring occasional weekend work
- Experience with iPSC/hESC is highly desired
- Experience analyzing sequencing data is a plus
We offer all full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that goes into effect on the first of the month following your start date.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire. The position is located onsite on a full-time basis at our location in Manhattan.
NYSCF is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our company. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Research Institute facility is a fully COVID-19 vaccinated workplace.