Staff Process Engineer
5764 Pacific Center Blvd
San Diego, CA 92121
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our San Diego, CA location.
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world's first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Staff Process Engineer located in San Diego, CA.
We are looking for a self-driven and talented candidate to join our Process Development and Technology Transfer team. This individual shall provide technical leadership for manufacturing process development, new product introduction, and manufacturing support. Additionally, this person will partner cross-functionally with R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Finance to accomplish company and project goals.
- Provide technical leadership to define, develop, characterize, optimize, and transfer consumables processes and products to manufacturing.
- Solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical problems at the interface of biology, chemistry, and material science.
- Design and execute controlled experiments to optimize manufacturing processes, quality, cost, and throughput. Drive implementation of solutions into manufacturing to meet company and project goals.
- Define, source, install, and qualify manufacturing equipment in support of manufacturing process and product volume requirements.
- Work with external suppliers to define raw material specifications and optimize raw material performance.
- Define technical and operational process requirements. Translate technical requirements to define and document manufacturing specifications, procedures, and controls.
- Represent Operations’ needs on development teams and other cross-functional teams.
- B.S./M.S./PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or Biotechnical Engineering with at least 6 years of relevant industry experience or PhD in Biology or Molecular Biology with at least 6 years of relevant industry experience is required.
- Work experience in the biotech, life sciences, or biopharmaceutical is desirable.
- Demonstrated abilities in consumables manufacturing process development and technology transfer to manufacturing are required.
- Experience with statistics including comparative analyses, process capability, and Statistical Process Control are required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical challenges is required.
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills are required.
- Intermediate software programming, scripting, and lab automation skills is a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing products in a cleanroom environment is a plus.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Inscripta is a life science technology company enabling scientists to solve some of today’s most pressing challenges with the first benchtop system for genome editing. The company’s automated Onyx™ platform, consisting of an instrument, consumables, assays, and software, makes CRISPR-based genome engineering accessible to any research lab. Inscripta supports its customers around the world from facilities in Boulder, Colo.; San Diego and Pleasanton, Calif.; and Copenhagen, Denmark. To learn more, visit Inscripta.com and follow @InscriptaInc.