Applications Scientist, Mammalian
5500 Central Ave. STE 220
Boulder, CO 80301
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Base Salary Range: 100,000 to $130,000 per year. Base salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate's qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position can be located in our Boulder or Pleasanton location, but if located in Pleasanton, regular travel to Boulder will be required.
Genome engineering promises to revolutionize the way we do biology. We are looking for a Scientist to develop and execute applications on our developing mammalian platform. You will play a critical role in helping drive development decisions around our platform to ensure we provide key features to fully enable our customers. You will be responsible for driving new application concepts in a variety of research areas including human genetics, drug development, functional genomics and proteomics. You will engage external collaborators, including and work closely with early access and beta customers. This role will be responsible for the leading the validation of Inscripta technology in mammalian systems. You will work collaboratively with internal and external partners, designing experiments, executing experimental plans and analyzing data. A key component of this role involves both verbal and written communication of results both internally and at scientific conferences.
- Define and demonstrate high value applications using Inscripta platforms.
- Develop novel approaches to analyzing data from large, genome editing screens employing a variety of phenotypes.
- Work with customers to understand their research needs and experimental systems.
- Work with early adopters to define & complete early access and beta programs.
- Work with customers to develop novel applications on the Inscripta platform.
- Design experiments that allow us to rigorously test our platform and provide feedback to our product development team.
- Perform data analysis, interpretation and presentation.
- Attend conferences and present scientific results.
- A PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, genomics, genetics, or a related field is required.
- Strong molecular biology experience (PCR, cloning, etc) and NGS experience required.
- Experience with single cell ‘omics approaches is a required.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is required.
- Experience applying new technology to solve biological questions a plus.
- Experience with genome editing methods is a plus.
- Experience with common analysis tools in R or python a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills needed.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world's first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for an exceptional candidate to help develop applications using this platform. The position can be located in Boulder, CO or in Pleasanton, CA.