Principal Software Engineer
9310 Athena Circle
La Jolla, CA 92037
The Principal Software Engineer will be collaborating with others in Resilience to develop software solutions, where you will architect, develop, and test our in-house software development supporting personalized medicine development. This role will be a crucial team contributor applying extensive knowledge of design principles and practices in implementing complex, enterprise-scale software solutions. General responsibilities include design concept generation, participating in and leading design reviews, and developing and testing the product stack. A high-impact technical lead role where you will collaborate across engineering teams and provides an opportunity to influence the architecture and roadmap and lead and guide junior engineers in execution and code review.
Resilience is looking for intelligent, motivated software engineers who enjoy taking on complex challenges, work well in dynamic environments, and care about software best practices.
- Contribute to all aspects of software engineering and product development, producing highly reliable software solutions
- Coach and mentor software engineers in the software group
- Develop high-performance software and visualization tools
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Maintain the highest standards of excellence, never settling for the status quo
- Provide in-depth statistical and data analytical expertise across the organization by collaborating with Research, Development, Quality, Manufacturing, and Sciences Teams.
- Strong hands-on Object-Oriented Programming skills in C++, C#, Java, or Python.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating in a fast-paced team environment and delivering high-quality software products using established agile development methodologies (such as Scrum, Kanban, TDD, etc.) against formal schedules
- Solid understanding of criteria that drive decisions in choosing container orchestrating options. And proven experience of having made or driven such decisions (Kubernetes -vs.- Docker Swarm -vs.- Amazon ECS and Fargate -vs.- IronWorker, etc.)
- Solid understanding of options within microservices architecture design space and knowledge of Clean Architecture concepts and how these evolve as they meet the real world.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and work independently and as a multidisciplinary analytical research team member in a fast-paced environment.
- The initiative, curiosity, a bias for action, and a problem-solving attitude, and desire to bring innovative, simplified solutions to complex problems
- Some background knowledge in computational biology, immunology, wet-lab experimental procedures, and data analysis is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be full-stack and capable of also working on backend instrument control layers or a desire to grow this skillset.
- BSc/MS: 15+ years of experience or Ph.D.: 12+ years of experience or equivalent, in a quantitative field, e.g., physics, math, computer science, theoretical neuroscience
- Extensive experience designing and implementing software quality patterns and practices (continuous integration, static analysis, unit testing, integrated testing)
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience in developing and deploying customer-facing software in Amazon AWS, Azure Cloud, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experienced in designing backends using modern data warehouses; with modern RDBMS or No-SQL databases. One or more of BigQuery, DynamoDB, Snowflake, BigTable, Amazon RDS, or Azure Synapse.
- Experience in designing and developing container-based software services.
- Experience in designing and developing embedded software/firmware a plus.
- Experience with machine control, robotic control, instrumentation, and medical device development under GAMP/GxP or FDA regulations preferred.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
RESILIENCE (National Resilience, Inc.) is a first-of-its-kind manufacturing and technology company dedicated to broadening access to complex medicines and protecting biopharmaceutical supply chains against disruption. Founded in 2020, the company is building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to ensure the medicines of today and tomorrow can be made quickly, safely, and at scale. RESILIENCE will offer the highest quality and regulatory capabilities, and flexible and adaptive facilities to serve partners of all sizes. By continuously advancing the science of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and development, RESILIENCE frees partners to focus on the discoveries that improve patients’ lives.