Director, Software Engineering
9310 Athena Circle
La Jolla, CA 92037
The Director of Software Engineering will be collaborating with others in Resilience to develop software solutions, where you will architect, develop, and test our in-house software development solutions supporting personalized medicine. This role will be a crucial team contributor applying extensive knowledge of design principles and practices in implementing complex software applications and embedded solutions. General responsibilities include design concept generation, participating in and leading design reviews, developing and testing the product stack. This role is a high-impact technical lead role where you will collaborate across engineering teams and provides an opportunity to strategically lead the architecture and roadmap and coach engineer managers in the execution and development of software solutions.
Resilience is looking for intelligent, motivated engineers who enjoy taking on complex challenges, work well in an agile, dynamic environment, and care about high-quality engineering best practices.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the Software Engineering organization.
- Leads software architecture and strategy that pilots and implements efficient, cutting-edge technology on new platforms, including intelligent robotic, digital, and automation solutions
- Create innovative solutions utilizing digital twins and applying artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies
- Recruits’ talent (contract and/or full time) and builds high-performance team, mentors and coaches’ personnel.
- Oversee project execution (resourcing, planning, and delivery) and guides the organization through changing market /product needs and requirements
- Work with Quality Engineering group to ensure that the team follows appropriate GMP, design history file (DHF), device history record (DHR) guidelines per FDA requirements, and support design reviews according to product development procedures.
- Hands-on experience in building and managing teams focused on providing software solutions for applications and instruments.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals, perform long-term project planning, team building, budgeting, and operational excellence
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and inspire a high-capacity technical team.
- Experience developing products from early-stage concept to volume manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, collaborating across multiple sites and stakeholders
- Prior experience in medical device manufacturing/field data analytics is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills; Able to manage multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally across various technical disciplines with a broad slate of stakeholders, including management, peers, customers, and suppliers.
- The initiative, curiosity, a bias for action, and a problem-solving attitude, and desire to bring innovative, simplified solutions to complex problems
- Some background knowledge in computational biology, immunology, wet-lab experimental procedures, and data analysis is a plus.
- BSc/MS: 15+ years of experience or Ph.D.: 13+ years of experience in a quantitative field, e.g., computer science, mechanical, or electrical engineering
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience managing an engineering team.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an instrumentation development environment for complex electro-mechanical products.
- Prior responsibility agile development using continuous integration and deployments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong technical writing experience required
- Experience in an ISO 13485, ISO 9001, or medical device manufacturing environment preferred
- Prior experience with the Design Control processes for medical devices and clinical application of instruments preferred
- Experience with machine control, robotic control, instrumentation, and/or medical device development under GAMP/GxP or FDA regulations preferred
How to Apply
About Our Organization
RESILIENCE (National Resilience, Inc.) is a first-of-its-kind manufacturing and technology company dedicated to broadening access to complex medicines and protecting biopharmaceutical supply chains against disruption. Founded in 2020, the company is building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to ensure the medicines of today and tomorrow can be made quickly, safely, and at scale. RESILIENCE will offer the highest quality and regulatory capabilities, and flexible and adaptive facilities to serve partners of all sizes. By continuously advancing the science of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and development, RESILIENCE frees partners to focus on the discoveries that improve patients’ lives.