Senior Manager, Business Operations R&D
9310 Athena Circle
La Jolla, CA 92037
The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the implementation and operation of the business systems and processes that power Resilience R&D to create industry-altering biomanufacturing technologies. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of the business systems required to enable the smooth operation of a high functioning and rapidly growing biotechnology research organization. They will take a data-driven approach and keep Resilience R&D at the forefront of the latest industry trends. They will maintain a close alignment with teams within the research organization and be the main liaison with company-wide business support functions. This role requires excellent communication, attention to detail, and creativity backed by a rigorous approach.
- Develop and implement (digital preferred) data systems and tools to automate business processes, information capture requirements, and/or approvals across teams in Resilience R&D for (but not limited to): purchasing, contracting, vendor management, resource allocation, knowledge management, Resilience R&D training infrastructure, provisioning appropriate access to data and systems, and policy and process creation, documentation, and dissemination.
- Define and implement Resilience R&D business processes via digital or manual systems with a continuous improvement plan and long term roadmap that aligns with NRI business processes and business process owners.
- In collaboration with Finance, maintain financial planning and analysis data and resources specific to Resilience R&D using NRI-provided best practices and expectations; communicate data on a periodic basis internally and externally as needed
- Support the development of budgeting and resource allocation processes and systems, including the AOP and LRP.
- In collaboration with Procurement and Finance, set up and manage purchasing approval and tracking workflows within the research organization
- Closely collaborate with and support Resilience R&D leadership and functional teams in the development and maintenance of required business processes.
- Work closely and collaboratively with counterparts in other teams throughout the organization to establish effective cross-organization interfaces, processes, and workflows.
- Manage a small team to build, implement, and maintain a digital-first business operations function within Resilience R&D.
- Ensure work is conducted in compliance with all Resilience policies.
- 8+ years experience in business operations or comparable role in high-growth tech companies
- Builder mindset, demonstrated ability and experience building and implementing robust business processes and systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of leading discussions and managing the flow of information across multiple levels
- Significant experience managing financial workflows including accounting, budgeting and planning
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to keep track of multiple projects and timelines to ensure delivery across a broad range of stakeholders
- Self-starter who excels in ambiguity and can drive results using excellent judgement
- Digital-first mindset, experience and comfort with novel technologies and leveraging business data across systems and processes
- Proficiency in quantitative modeling and an advanced analytical toolkit
- Programming and data analysis experience
- Startup / Biotechnology / Life sciences experience
- Experience with agile methodologies / agile mindset
How to Apply
About Our Organization
RESILIENCE (National Resilience, Inc.) is a first-of-its-kind manufacturing and technology company dedicated to broadening access to complex medicines and protecting biopharmaceutical supply chains against disruption. Founded in 2020, the company is building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to ensure the medicines of today and tomorrow can be made quickly, safely, and at scale. RESILIENCE will offer the highest quality and regulatory capabilities, and flexible and adaptive facilities to serve partners of all sizes. By continuously advancing the science of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and development, RESILIENCE frees partners to focus on the discoveries that improve patients’ lives.