Technical Development Scientist, Genomics (Individualized Therapies)
1 DNA Way
South San Francisco, CA 94080
- Medical, Dental, Vision (https://yourlifeyourrewards.com/public/welcome)
- Annual cash bonus
- Annual equity bonus
- New hire hire equity grant
- 18 days vacation
- Sabbatical program (additional 6 weeks off every 6 years)
- 401k (4% dollar for dollar match plus 6% company contribution)
- Bay Area shuttle/bus transporting
This position is part of Genentech's Pharma Individualized Medicines team responsible for the process development, manufacture and supply of individualized immunotherapies in collaboration with our global partners. The PTD-Genomics and Bioinformatics team uses high-throughput next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies to revolutionize production of these individualized therapies.
We are seeking a highly motivated team member to contribute to the ongoing effort to operationalize the genomics components of individualized therapeutic manufacturing. You must have a broad working knowledge of molecular biology and NGS applications. The successful candidate is expected to effectively support ongoing clinical manufacturing, development and implementation of NGS assays. You will represent our team at cross-functional meetings and effective communication and developing collaborative relationships with key stakeholders will be an essential part of the role.
- Provide technical support for implementation of custom genomics processes within each Individualized Therapy program.
- You will play a key role in technical development of NGS assays, related data analysis and authoring of technical reports to enable a new manufacturing paradigm and help deliver individualized immunotherapeutics to patients.
- Ensure alignment of genomics milestones with those of the broader team. Serve as the single point of contact to key stakeholders to execute on jointly defined deliverables, from project kick-off to method implementation.
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- PhD in molecular biology, genomics, oncology or related fields with at least 2 years of experience working in diagnostics or pharmaceutical industry on NGS-based product or process development.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working with Illumina based next generation sequencing workflows. In-depth knowledge of molecular techniques such as PCR, qRT-PCR, ddPCR, nucleic acid isolation and NGS sample prep technologies (WES, RNAseq, Target enrichment and single-cell sequencing).
- Demonstrated success in design, verification and validation of manual and automated NGS library preparation workflows with standard design control processes, documentation, QA/QC and regulatory requirements.
- Experience with biostatistics, bioinformatics and/or data visualization is desirable.
- Excellent technical writing skills with ability to author technical reports, protocols, SOPs for NGS-based assays.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong project management and organizational skills in order to manage multiple projects and meet assigned deliverables.
- Ability to work well on teams and keep relevant stakeholders informed regarding the status of programs.
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable working in a flexible, fast-paced team environment.
- Business travel up to 10% is anticipated for this role
How to Apply
- Requisition number 202105-114290
- [email protected]
- c/o Alexey Dvortcsak (Talent Acquition Partner)
About Our Organization
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity, and diversity. We believe every employee makes a difference. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action, we believe that good business means a better world.