84 October Hill Rd.
Holliston, MA 01748
Union Biometrica is expanding and has an immediate opening for a scientist to work on our critical interface with customers. The right candidate will join a high energy team of scientists and engineers developing cutting edge life science tools for biomedical research such as drug discovery, toxicology and genetics research. Initial duties will include evaluating prototypes of new instruments and techniques as well as feasibility testing of real-world customer samples of model organisms and cellular assays. This is a fulltime position based at our headquarters located in the greater Boston area (Holliston, MA).
Development and technical sales of high value instrumentation involve a team problem-solving approach whereby we look for a match between each customer’s specific research challenges and our technology. Our applications scientists are key to this effort. This is a small company so everybody “wears multiple hats” and is highly visible. This is an entry level position where outstanding performance leads to further career growth opportunities.
We are looking for a very special scientist who brings:
- BS, MS or PhD degree in biology or related field
- An inquisitive mind that enjoys keeping abreast of scientific advances
- High people / social skills including listening, teaching & communications -- fluency in verbal and written English is required
- Good problem solving skills including hands-on, mechanical aptitude with a “can do” attitude
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of teams
- Prior experience in flow cytometry and/or imaging is desirable but not required
- Sense of adventure and interest in the commercial environment
- Some travel is expected
How to Apply
Resumes can be sent directly to [email protected]. No recruiters please. Valid work authorization required.
About Our Organization
Union Biometrica is a privately owned equal opportunity employer. We are a small team of highly motivated scientists & engineers best known for our specialty flow cytometers for high speed analysis and gentle sorting of objects which are too large or fragile for traditional cytometers. Examples include: small model organisms (C. elegans, D. melanogaster, zebrafish, etc), large fragile cells/cell clusters (pancreatic islets, stem cells, adipocytes, duct cells and plant tissues), as well as cells growing in or on beads. Our newest product range is the VAST BioImager™ system for automating zebrafish imaging. (www.unionbio.com)