2850 Centerville Rd
Wilmington, DE 19808
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our R&D group at our Little Falls (Wilmington), Delaware site, located midway between Baltimore and Philadelphia. There, we have 800 people inventing, designing, building, and marketing products that dominate the market for Chemical Analysis. Our products are frequently behind the headlines in the news, from environmental regulations to new drug discoveries to Homeland Security.
As a Software Engineer in our R&D group, you will be part of a team that designs and develops new products for Agilent's Gas Chromatograph, Automated Sample Handling and Automated Sample Preparation products. Your primary responsibilities will include requirements, design, development, and test for desktop and embedded software applications and libraries, and tools for these products. You will also work closely with other software engineers, firmware engineers, mechanical and electrical engineers, and chemists to create complete systems.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email [email protected] opens an email client application opens an email client application. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
· Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
· Experience in one or more programming languages (C++, C#, Java)
· Experience in development for Linux or Windows
· Demonstrated interest in software development
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Experience with algorithms and data structures
· Experience with multi-threaded systems
· Experience with network communications using TCP/IP
· Experiencing using third party software, libraries, and tools
· Use of revision control and source code management tools e.g., git, ClearCase
· Mobile application development, e.g., iOS or Android
· Windows application development using .NET framework and Visual Studio
· Graphical User Interface development
· Knowledge of database concepts and SQL
· Knowledge of waterfall and agile software development life cycles.