Cloud Security Internship
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
As an Intern, you will apply your function specific sophomore year coursework to a variety of focused hands-on projects. At the same time, you will gain and apply knowledge about Agilent's industry, infrastructure and products in your assignment. This is developing real world experience in a company that is a leader in the markets it serves.
We are looking for a candidate with an interest in the practical application of security principles across cloud computing environments such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and GCP. This will be an ideal opportunity for a student in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or related disciplines, looking to develop practical skills and experience at the forefront of rapidly evolving change in the technology industry.
As a Cloud Security intern, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Assess the security posture of solutions and environments running on major cloud service providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and GCP
- Collaborate with teams on development and implementation of service specific security practices
- Work with independent software vendors to apply, test, and evaluate security and governance solutions for the cloud
- Document findings from ISV collaborations and development of security practices
- Build taxonomy of cloud security risks structured around a hierarchy of classes, subclasses, and elements
- Participate in planning and execution of attack simulations on accounts and assets in AWS and Microsoft Azure
Completion of sophomore (typically second) year at an accredited 4-year university required.
- Enrollment in an accredited educational institution working towards a degree or certification in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or similar technical concentration
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proactively identify problems and solutions
- Demonstrated passion for cybersecurity and ability to think like a threat actor
- Design experiments and models for addressing internal and external threats
- Collaborative personality
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation and attention to detail
- Ability to formulate solutions and options in the absence of examples or past precedence