System Reliability Engineer, Genome Sequencing Platform
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Based: Menlo Park
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven and experienced individual to join the Systems Engineering team and drive reliability and performance consistency of genomic sequencing platforms.
The role will work closely with product development, operations and quality assurance. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in system reliability engineering of complex systems and interfacing with development teams to ensure production of a highly reliable product.
Furthermore, the candidate should have root-cause troubleshooting, data interpretation and analytical skills to drive continual improvement strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify & manage system risks, actions, associated requirements & evidence of resolution
- Coordinate with design teams from concept to product launch & maintenance, performing reliability analyses at all levels of the total system. Assess impact of design changes
- Evaluate controls to manage performance through prevention, detection and correction
- Work with manufacturing, quality, support, supplier quality and design teams to facilitate field failure resolution
- Support the development of key performance indicators (KPIs), to track and manage system performance consistency.
- Analyze performance issues reported by the field and propose solutions
- Lead Design FMEA sessions in order to drive reliable design choices and improve verification test planning
- Lead root-cause failure analysis of complex systems consisting of robotic, fluidic, optical and compute components
- Present analyses and status updates to engineering and executive teams
- Knowledge of reliability tools such as FMEA, Weibull Analysis, Reliability Allocation and Prediction, De-rating, Root Cause Analysis, Ishikawa Diagrams, Pareto Analysis, DOE, and accelerated testing
- Experience in application of reliability methodologies across the product development cycle
- Working knowledge of applied statistics and experience with statistical software such as JMP
- Experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Experience in data center & cloud deployment reliability desired
- Solid critical thinking skills: ability to deep dive into cause-effect to understand why something may fail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working in a regulated environment (ISO, GMP)
Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Engineering, Physics, or applied sciences
- >4 years experience in working with complex systems is preferred
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leader in long read genome sequencing.