Field Service Engineer II
2560 Orchard Parkway
San Jose, CA 95131
Job Title: Field Service Engineer II
Job Reports To: Manager, Field Support
FLSA Class: Exempt
The Field Service Engineer II is responsible for the following tasks: Installations, service and repair of Takara’s Multi-Sample NanoDispenser (MSND), automated liquid handlers, single cell systems, imaging systems and thermocyclers. The Field Service Engineer II is responsible for meeting the service and repair needs of these instruments as well as driving customer satisfaction through service excellence.
The Field Service Engineer II role is office-based in Mountain View, CA.
Approximately 75% travel, including overnight, is required and occasional international travel may be required.
- Perform instrument installations at customer site.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance visits including calibration as needed.
- Provide troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email.
- Troubleshoot and repair instrument hardware and software.
- Work closely with Field Support Manager to coordinate customer installations and service visits.
- Maintain records of service and installation reports for each customer.
- Analyze reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes.
- Perform system testing prior to shipping instruments.
- Support in-house instruments, performing preventative maintenance and calibration.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- BS in a technical discipline in life science or engineering, AS degree with significant experience may be considered.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of prior relevant field service experience.
- Strong understanding of optics, fluidics and electronics is required. Prior experience in troubleshooting and repair of complex instrumentation is highly desirable.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Prior experience installing and upgrading hardware and software is desirable.
- Able to interpret written instructions, engineering drawings and schematics.
- Prior experience with precision low volume liquid handlers and optic systems is highly desirable.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive experience using personal computers and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency.
Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.