Field Sales Manager
2441 S. 3850 W.
Salt Lake City, UT 84120
PTO, 401(k) with match, Health Insurance
Great Basin, a subsidiary of Vela Diagnostics, is seeking a highly intelligent and motivated individual who will impact Great Basin’s sales success. This person must have a charismatic and dynamic personality coupled with the passion to succeed within a competitive sales environment. The Field Sales Manager will have B2B experience, proven success in lead generation and experience working with hospital microbiology labs and independent laboratories.
Great Basin Scientific/Vela Operations US is seeking a Field Sales Manager to join our Sales & Marketing team. This is a remote, exempt, benefitted position. The Field Sales Manager will organize, manage, and work respective territory in such a way as to maximize growth in sales revenue and profit under direction of the VP of Marketing and Sales.
- Maintain current business in existing accounts while successfully identifying and closing new business opportunities within these accounts
- Identify new business opportunities within specified territory, selling and closing business
- Understand and incorporate the Group Purchasing, IDN, National Clinical Reference Lab opportunities as appropriate
- Source new sales opportunities and qualify leads through outbound cold calling
- Identify new business opportunities within specified territory, selling and closing this business
- Utilize existing prospect list to prioritize and schedule system evaluations
- Conduct technical conversations with key decision makers
- Develop and manage a pipeline of business to meet goals
- Prioritize issues appropriately and manage to a satisfactory resolution
- Support Distributor opportunities as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Life Science (Clinical Pathology, Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry). Experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements
- 5+ years of molecular diagnostic industry-related experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Documented success with Molecular Diagnostic/PCR Sales within Hospital Microbiology Labs is strongly preferred
- Effective in leading, influencing and persuading others, results driven, self-motivated, demonstrated ability to plan and organize, and possessing solid communication and selling skills
- Ability to manage effective collaboration and coordination of internal resources to ensure company sales goals are met
- Ability to clearly and consistently communicate Great Basin’s value proposition in all interactions
- Ability to connect with and coordinate between key customers and internal/external stakeholders to promote and expand business opportunities
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications
- Skilled using a CRM application such as Salesforce.com
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your CV to [email protected] and include “Field Sales Manager” in the subject line
About Our Organization
Great Basin, a subsidiary of Vela Diagnostics, is a molecular diagnostics company that is dedicated to the development of simple, yet powerful, sample-to-result technology and products that provide fast, multiple-pathogen diagnoses of infectious diseases. Our vision is to make molecular diagnostic testing so simple and cost-effective that every patient will be tested for every serious infection, reducing misdiagnoses and significantly limiting the spread of infectious disease.