Technical Customer Support Specialist - IVD
37 Birch Street
Milford, MA 01757
This is a fully benefited position - examples: Medical, Dental, 401K and annual bonus just to name a few.
Reporting directly to Sr. Manager of Technical Services, The Technical Customer Support Specialist is responsible for all Technical Support functions including fielding customer and sales team questions regarding LGC Clinical Diagnostic’s Molecular & Serology products, manage communication between internal operations and customer requests to support order fulfilment, provide product recommendations and report metrics on product applications. The Technical Customer Support Specialist will play a key role that is highly interactive with Quality, Manufacturing and Commercial to support organizational objectives.
- Provide daily technical support to both internal and external customers (phone, email and direct).
- Promptly and expertly, respond to customer technical support queries and complaints over phone and email with highest standard of customer service, addressing explicit needs as well as proactively anticipating customer implicit needs.
- Resolve customer issues by thoroughly gathering all necessary information from customer; facilitating timely investigations, evaluating regulatory vigilance/determinations as appropriate, and providing guidance internally and externally to ensure response and actions are effective
- Function as product ‘Champion’ for all LGC Clinical Diagnostics’ Molecular & Serology product offering
- Assess customer needs and communicate how products and services can help achieve customer needs
- Must exhibit high-energy, excellent communications (written and verbal), strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Perform data analysis, report on trends, create and present metrics scorecards/dashboards to the organization, and work cross-functionally to identify improvements.
- Adept self-learner who can readily understand and communicate technical details and performance of product and service portfolio.
- Exceptional customer service orientation with ability to assess and determine customer issue via conversation and written communications formats for a thorough understanding of customer issues as well as investigate internally in order to respond quickly with accurate and complete information.
- Exhibits a passion for supporting customer needs, for maintaining high standards of performance and for teamwork.
- Being a champion of meeting both internal and external customer needs.
- Supports an environment which promotes positive communication and respect.
- Keeps up-to-date on regulations and accepts ownership to comply with regulatory requirements while achieving goals.
- Provides additional support for VALIDATE® and MSDRx® products and services as needed
- Assists with other projects as necessary
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or scientific discipline with 2 years in a technical role, a portion of which was in complaint handling, within the In-vitro Diagnostics (IVDs) and Biologics industry or a combination of experience in clinical laboratory or diagnostics industry.
- Experience with complaint handling in an FDA and/or ISO regulated environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact directly with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability in multi-tasking.
- Demonstrated success interacting with customers and acting as the ‘Voice of the Customer’
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Demonstrated highly effective oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills required with proficiency in all Microsoft Office products, CRM software (Salesforce) and ERP systems (SAP).
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language.
How to Apply
Please apply directly to our website: https://www.seracare.com/about-seracare/careers/?…
About Our Organization
LGC Clinical Diagnostics team develops and manufactures a comprehensive portfolio of catalog and custom-developed diagnostic quality solutions and component materials for the extended life sciences industry. We partner with IVD assay developers, and pharmaceutical, CRO and academic institutions in commercialization activities across the entire diagnostic pipeline - from concept and early stage research, through expedited product development and onwards into routine clinical use. Laboratorians and diagnostic professionals across disciplines of clinical chemistry, immunochemistry, serology, molecular diagnostics and clinical genomics rely on LGC’s products to support accurate and reliable diagnostic results.
Our operating entities include Maine Standards Company, SeraCare Life Sciences, and Technopath Clinical Diagnostics, which are in vitro diagnostics (IVD) manufacturers of quality measurement tools (calibrators, controls, linearity, EQA/PT, biological materials) and the Native Antigen Company, which is a manufacturer and supplier of viral antigens. Our 400+ employees operate FDA-registered and ISO 13485-accredited facilities in Maine (USA), Massachusetts (USA), Maryland (USA), Tipperary (Ireland), and an ISO 9001-accredited facility in Oxford, UK.
Each day, our world-class staff, scientific expertise, operational efficiency and superior quality systems are ready to support the range of advanced technologies that collectively improve patient outcomes - from the widely adopted and established through to cutting-edge NGS and precision diagnostics.