Shipping Warehouse Assistant I
2560 Orchard Parkway
San Jose, CA 95131
Job Title: Shipping Warehouse Assistant I
Reports to: Supervisor, Receiving
FLSA Class: Nonexempt
Introduction to Job Post:
Takara Bio USA, Inc. is looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Shipping Warehouse Assistant I. In this role, the Shipping Warehouse Assistant I will assist in the daily shipping and receiving functions by properly receiving incoming material, maintain accurate records of all in-coming receipts, handle and store materials at the correct storage temperature, as well as pick and prepare products for shipment according to company specifications and/or customer requirements.
The Shipping Warehouse Assistant I is responsible for performing a variety of shipping and receiving related tasks on a daily basis. Primary responsibilities include picking, packaging and shipping orders accurately; receiving products/supplies and inspecting all items for possible defects and/or damages; as well as organizing stock and maintaining inventory levels.
The Shipping Warehouse Assistant I reports to the Supervisor, Receiving and is responsible for picking, packaging and shipping customer orders; ensuring that all related documents, such as Certificates of Analysis, packing slips, and commercial invoices, are included with each shipment. Receives and unloads incoming materials, verifying that material received is as ordered, of high quality, and is put away in the correct storage location and/or routed to the appropriate department for use. Performs all necessary computer functions into established ERP system to track receipt and/or shipment of all items. This position requires individuals to be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
The Shipping Warehouse Assistant I role is office-based in Fitchburg, Wisconsin.
- Responsible for picking, packing and shipping products to customers according to established procedures.
- Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods and rejects unsatisfactory items as necessary.
- Assists with administrative duties supporting activities related to the shipment of finished goods and the receipt of goods and materials.
- Follows workflow processes using the Company’s enterprise resource planning system.
- Assists colleagues in keeping workflow moving efficiently as instructed.
- Responsible for moving materials to and from storage and loading areas by hand truck or forklift.
- Participates in daily and annual physical inventories, as scheduled.
- Assists in the organization and cleanliness of the warehouse space.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- AA or certificate from vocational school preferred.
- HS diploma or equivalent with 0-2 years of recent shipping/receiving/warehouse experience.
- Previous experience with an enterprise resource planning system such as Oracle or SAP a plus.
- Experience using MS Word and Excel applications a plus.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may operate a forklift and is regularly required to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs. unassisted and work with dry ice, blue ice, liquid nitrogen and other shipping and packaging materials.
Position Type/Work Hours:
This is a nonexempt, full-time (40 hours/week) hourly position Monday through Friday during standard business times (8am to 5pm) with flexibility required to work overtime as needed.
Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.