Marketing Channel Manager (OEM)
2560 Orchard Parkway
San Jose, CA 95131
Job Title: Marketing Channel Manager (OEM)
Reports to: VP, Marketing
FLSA Class: Exempt
The Marketing Channel Manager provides expertise and strategic direction for the enzyme supply and OEM channel. This is achieved by having a strong working knowledge of the life science/clinical research markets and the ability to design, implement, and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns specific to business-to-business (B2B) customers. The Marketing Channel Manager will anticipate customer needs by working collaboratively with the North America sales team to develop customer relationships, engage thought leaders, and ensure key account success by designing product specifications for the launch of new bulk, custom and/or OEM products when required. They will develop and execute against a tactical marketing plan to drive new customer acquisition, retention, and advocacy for OEM products. The Marketing Channel Manager will utilize their experience targeting B2B customers to drive marketing activities including, but not limited to, content creation for web and social media campaigns, lead generation, customer presentations, and sales trainings.
The Marketing Channel Manager role is preferably office-based in San Jose, CA. Consideration may be given to remote candidates for this role to be field-based
- Works with manager to develop and execute a comprehensive tactical plan for the OEM channel.
- Monitors market environment to understand possible future market trends, applications, and strengths/weaknesses of competition within OEM channel to aid in strategic and tactical planning.
- Establishes monthly business reviews to assess growth targets and monitor performance.
- Develops relationships with current OEM customers to maintain ongoing business and networks within organizations to identify opportunities for supply of enzymes for new assays/applications.
- Interacts with OEM customers, sales team, and operations to provide feedback on how to improve business performance and customer experience.
- Conducts outbound marketing activities to advertise our presence and expertise in the market.
- Works with Sales to fill the sales funnel and get regular and complete feedback from customers.
- Maintains and participates in development of a portfolio of sales support tools that includes, but is not limited to, customer facing presentations, battle and cue cards, testimonials, and citations.
- Attends regular strategy meetings and works with manager to support development of a business plan for the growth of Takara Bio OEM products in life science/clinical research market.
- Performs market research and is able to communicate market size, share, and trends, competition, and pricing analysis.
- Works with R&D and Product Management to support launch of new OEM products that satisfy the needs of B2B customers.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities, but responsibilities may expand into other channels.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- Requires a BA or BS degree; MS and/or PhD considered favorably.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing or sales to B2B customers. Other experience may be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated proficiency in presenting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to think creatively.
- Collaborative team player who can build credibility and relationships across all functions and levels of the organization.
Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.