R&D Application Development Scientist
2850 Centerville Rd
Wilmington, DE 19808
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
As an R&D Application Chemist in the Chemistries and Supplies Division, you will work in cross-functional teams to develop various new consumables used in gas chromatography, mass spectrometry and other analytical techniques. In this role you will use your knowledge, experience, and scientific field to ensure that new products meet their requirements and are fit for their intended use. You will work within Agilent's new product development process as follows:
- Participate in developing performance requirements for new products.
- Work with the Marketing Team to build a holistic, unified plan to qualify new products and generate performance data for marketing collateral
- Design and perform experiments and tests to validate that prototypes meet the stated performance requirements.
- Conduct lab work in a safe working environment, following all EHS regulations, including use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Accurately detail experimental work to allow the efficient recovery of experimental data. Maintain appropriate electronic laboratory notebooks to record all experimental details and results.
- Process data and write technical summaries of test results, statistical data analysis and interpretation. Prepare technical presentations, reports and summaries. Periodically present work to ensure progress and to achieve Design Control milestones.
- Use problem-solving, statistical techniques, and interpersonal skills to work successfully in a cross-functional and global team. Have a positive, solutions-oriented approach and ability to build positive relationships.
- Facilitate transition of product design to production and delivery. This may include drafting QC Tests for Manufacturing.
- Use effective written communication skills to prepare Technical Briefs, Application Notes, training materials, and other technical marketing collateral; and strong verbal communication skills to deliver effective and engaging technical presentations such as webinars.
- Maintain broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and techniques. Make contributions to scientific literature and conferences such as publication of papers.
- Master of Science in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related experience in GC and GC/MS is a must; experience in sample preparation techniques is a strong plus.