Senior R&D Scientist, Cell Analysis Division
121 Hartwell Avenue
Lexington, MA 02421
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic, and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for an R&D Scientist/Senior R&D Scientist to join the Bioassay solutions team–part of the Cell Analysis Division of Agilent Technologies - a multi-national inter-disciplinary team, focused on developing innovative, functional, metabolism-focused, in vitro assay solutions for the continually evolving Biopharma and Cell Therapy markets.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, innovative scientist with a strong scientific background in the field of cell metabolism, cell biology, or biochemistry. The selected candidate will provide scientific and technical leadership to the assay and kit product development process and be comfortable working in and contributing to a dynamic and cross-functional team environment. A rigorous, analytical, detail-orientated approach to experimental design, project management, data generation, and data interpretation is required. The role will also involve occasional travel, engaging with end-users and partners to develop or embed technologies, and participating in international conferences, training events, and end-user workshops.
- Working cross-functionally with commercial, business development, marketing, and support teams to understand the needs and gaps in the current approaches to cell-based assays
- Follow the latest technology trends and propose concepts and ideas for further research and development
- Generate proof-of-concept results to show feasibility
- Guide the design, development, and validation of novel cell functional assays
- Independently design, plan, and conduct laboratory experiments
- Prepare and contribute to technical documents, product manuals, and protocols
- Interface and collaborate with customers and leaders with vision in assay and product development
- Attend scientific conferences and trade shows to showcase products and generated research data; acquire new products and collaboration opportunities
- Ph.D. in cell biology, biochemistry, or a similar subject area. Candidates whose specialization includes cancer metabolism, immuno-metabolism, and/or infectious diseases are preferred.
- 4 years of related expertise - may include any hands on relevant experience
- 2 years of hands-on post-doctoral or industry experience preferred, but not required
- Broad expertise with multiple live-cell-based assays and techniques, including (but not limited to) fluorescence, luminescence, cell viability, reporter assays, high-resolution cell imaging, and flow cytometry.
- Specific expertise in Seahorse XF platform is preferred
- Experience with cellular or 3D assay models for drug discovery (spheroids, organoids, organ on a chip)
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and motivation to continually learn new things and improve processes
- Excellent experimental and analytical skills and enjoy conducting experiments on the bench
- Critical problem solver with demonstrated data interpretation and assay design capability
- Self-motivated adaptable teammate with a desire to be part of a high-achieving inter-disciplinary team
- Strong time management and ability to juggle multiple projects with competing timelines and priorities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and communicate sophisticated data sets clearly and concisely to key partners and diverse audiences
- Creative and enthusiastic, with strong attention to detail and honed project management capabilities