5301 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara,
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Mass Spectrometry Division of Agilent Technologies is seeking an R&D Scientist with strong analytical chemistry experience to support our Q-TOF and TOF platform R&D team, responsible for characterization and demonstration of the most advanced tools in the Agilent MS portfolio. The main role involves initiating, designing, and executing scientific research and development strategies sought at new products and services in the life/bio/chemical sciences field. You will be actively working with an interdisciplinary R&D team to drive and support the implementation of ideas into commercial products. The job scope includes evaluating/validating the performance of the prototypes based on the design inputs, supporting the commercialization of new products and continuous enhancement on the existing product portfolio. Agilent is a global, diversified technology company, with 11,000 people focused on creating solutions for the life sciences industries.
How will you ramp up? Having MS related experiences in the life science field including bio-therapeutics, protein characterization, metabolomics, as well as ability to apply the general principle of analytical chemistry and best experimental practices to the other application areas such as food safety and environmental science will help your thrive! As a valuable team member, you will maintain state-of-the-art knowledge on the development and application trend of mass spectrometry, may make contributions to scientific literature and conferences such as publication of papers, application notes or presentations at symposiums. The position entails close cross-functional interaction with product support, instrument control and data processing software development.
You will make an impact by:
- Working closely with platform R&D team to help develop, improve, and ultimately release to market industry leading QTOF platforms.
- Characterization and documentation of instrument performance and application development for a variety of scientific fields.
- Collecting and maintaining data required for regulatory compliance verification.
- Working cross-functionally with product support, application, and software R&D teams for continuous enhancement on existing product portfolio.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) in Life Sciences, Analytical Chemistry or equivalent
- Demonstrated 3+ years of working experience in related applications
- Domain expertise in LC/MS applications such as Biopharma, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Food Safety or Environmental. Hands-on experience with GC/MS is a plus.
- Hand-on experience of mass spectrometry data processing software. Commanding on other data science tools is a plus.
- Good experimental and record keeping skills, and hand-on instrumental troubleshooting skills.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and building relationships.
- You have strong work ethic and are highly self-motivated.