BioMolecular Field Service Engineer
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara,
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Every day, Agilent Field Service Engineers help our customers to solve issues that enable scientists to make discoveries that improve the quality of life. Through our work, we deliver insights and provide the support that keeps labs running smoothly and more efficiently. Join our dynamic organization to be a part of this rewarding work.
As a Field Service Engineer for Agilent, you will work at a variety of labs, so having an appetite for continuously learning about new instruments, software and consumables is key. Applying your communication skills, creativity and can-do attitude is essential. The ability to help with solving customer problems and a commitment to deliver the highest levels of customer service is how you will build customer success.
You will be responsible for supporting our customers with on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions. Our varied product lines include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems.
- Installs and optimizes hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites.
- Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems.
- Performs maintenance and repairs
- Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance.
- Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business.
- Deliver fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software
- Train other field engineers and customers in the solutions
Meet Agilent approved customer/vendor credentialing requirements necessary to gain site access unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by customer/vendor and may include, but are not limited to: post-employment background checks, various forms of drug testing, vaccinations, fingerprinting, proof of valid identification, and/or adherence to customer-specific substance abuse programs. Your consent to participate in customer requested screening is a requirement of this position.
- A Bachelor's, master's or another university-level degree within the science field is strongly preferred-- e.g. chemistry, analytical chemistry biochemistry, biotechnology or similar; may consider applicants with an equivalent combination of education, training and employment experience
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position or strong experience as an end-user
- Experience or expertise with Automation and/or Plate Readers
- Experience with the Agilent solutions is desired but not essential
- Verbal and written communication is clear, supportive and timely
- Ability to travel, including some overnight travel up to 35%
- A valid drivers license is required for this role
- This position is located in the Bay Area in CA