Senior Staff Research Associate
5500 Central Ave.
Boulder, CO 80301
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Boulder headquarters.
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world's first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Staff Research Associate located in Boulder, CO.
Inscripta is searching for a highly experienced Senior Staff Research Associate to join its growing Metrology team and enable the development of analytical technologies for chemistry, biochemistry, and biomaterials development. The successful candidate will thrive in a data-driven, highly innovative, dynamic R&D environment and work closely with researchers across multiple disciplines to build Inscripta’s next generation of transformative technologies.
- Identify, implement, evaluate, and optimize measurement tools and techniques in support of research and development efforts.
- Qualify and validate new and existing analytical techniques for product development and manufacturing.
- Thoroughly document experimental details and develop SOPs to enable application of analytical techniques throughout the company.
- Apply statistically rigorous experimental design and analysis.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional research teams with biologists, chemists, engineers, and bioinformaticians.
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications of experimental results both within the Metrology group and beyond.
- Contribute to Inscripta’s ongoing intellectual property development through invention disclosures and patent submissions.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a closely related field
- Must have at least 10 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a non-academic setting
- Hands-on experience with analytical techniques for the behavior and interactions of small molecules, biomacromolecules with surfaces including some combination of DLS, XPS, NMR, AFM, Zeta potential, or related techniques
- Hands-on experience with spectroscopic or chromatographic characterization of oligonucleotides, proteins, or other biomacromolecules
- Experience with statistical analysis and visualization of large and complex data sets (JMP, Python, R, Minitab, etc.)
How to Apply
About Our Organization
At Inscripta, we're more a calling than a company. Maybe it's our commitment to help feed, fuel and heal humanity. Making the MAD7™ CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes may not be typical in this industry, but it's typical for us. Our primary purpose is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations.
We want you to make bigger discoveries, faster and at unprecedented scale, experiencing those bold breakthroughs that the Onyx™ platform will provide. We live up to our press by 'walking the walk' every day, bringing you revolutionary tools that serve the greater good. Because Inscripta's more than a company, it's our calling.