Biological Data Scientist
Anywhere in United States
Boulder, CO 80301
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Base Salary Range: $100,000 to $175,000 per year. Base salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate's qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position can either be located remotely in the United States or be based in one of our offices.
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world's first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Genomic Data Scientist for a remote team, though there are also Inscripta offices in Boulder (CO), Pleasanton (CA) and San Diego (CA).
As a Biological Data Scientist in the Applications Development team at Inscripta, you will be part of a diverse team focused on innovating forward-looking customer solutions that expand applications at the heart of Inscripta’s Digital Genome Engineering platform. This team will work closely with customers, Commercial and Product Development teams to provide solutions to customers with agility and creativity as well as enable foundational understanding of microbial genome engineering. In this position, you will have the opportunity to build analytical workflows for experiments using foundational editing technologies and work with a world class team of Engineers, Biologists, and Data Scientists.
- Work closely with diverse customers to understand their scientific goals and workflows
- Implement innovative approaches and workflows that enable customers to expand into new applications for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering.
- Work collaboratively to design, build and test analytical solutions with cross-functional teams
- Analyze and present results on experimental data in a reproducible manner
- Demonstrate integrity, positivity, and a team-oriented attitude and motivate others to do the same
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (preference to academic work with a focus in at least one of computational biology, systems biology, statistics or algorithmic development for machine learning)
- Experience with performing research in a biological domain
- Experience of working with biological networks
- Experience with a wide range of statistical and ML tools, both in application and justification of application
- Scientific programming in both python and R
- Familiarity with popular Python packages like pandas, numpy, and scikit-learn.
- Experience with collaborative programming software engineering tools, such as git and software issue management, and Docker
- Experience with managing pre-production user interfaces such as Shiny (from RStudio) or dash (from plot.ly) is a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS is a plus
- Experience with genome editing methods is a plus.
- Experience with genome scale regulatory or metabolic models is a plus
How to Apply
About Our Organization
At Inscripta, we're more a calling than a company. Maybe it's our commitment to help feed, fuel and heal humanity. Making the MAD7™ CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes may not be typical in this industry, but it's typical for us. Our primary purpose is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations.
We want you to make bigger discoveries, faster and at unprecedented scale, experiencing those bold breakthroughs that the Onyx™ platform will provide. We live up to our press by 'walking the walk' every day, bringing you revolutionary tools that serve the greater good. Because Inscripta's more than a company, it's our calling.