Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Molecular Biology
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a Research Associate / Senior Research Associate to work within a dynamic interdisciplinary team to help us develop and characterize our single molecule DNA sequencing system. The successful candidate must possess a strong molecular biology background. Duties will include primarily lab work, along with data analysis and sample verification; this individual will also be responsible for sample and database management. Lab functions will include DNA sample preparation and molecular cloning. The successful candidate will be involved with experimental design and implementation with limited supervision, with opportunities to lead on individualized research projects. This individual will closely interface with other members of the group for the transition of materials.
- BS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology or other related field.
- 2-6 years of biotechnology industry experience desired.
- Experience in Next Generation DNA template preparation procedures.
- Technical proficiency in general laboratory practices, particularly expertise in PCR, cloning techniques, bacterial transformations, and plasmid preps.
- Knowledge in DNA analysis software, such as Sequencher and Vector NTI.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Experience with database management.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication (written/verbal) and ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team are critical.
- Self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.