Process Integration Manager
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Pacific Biosciences seeks a talented, driven, and experienced Technical Lead to manage the functional integration team within the SMRT cell Process Integration Group. The team’s charter is to test and characterize novel next-generation devices for cutting-edge, single-molecule, DNA-sequencing applications, and to correlate performance to process, hardware, or biochemistry. The candidate needs to have a passion for Pacific Biosciences' technology and mission and be comfortable functioning as a technical lead across a complex, multi-disciplinary environment. The candidate will be required to lead and/or participate in complex process development projects ranging from developing novel unit processes, process integration schemes, qualify processes for a full product release, and transfer of SOP’s and QC methodologies to SMRT cell production teams.
- Manage process integration team and plan proper DOE’s and tests as it pertains to the functional characterization of prototype devices
- Determine from test results and failure analysis the causal relationships between device architecture, surface biochemistry, or assembly processes and final device sequencing performance
- Collaborate closely with front-end wafer and back-end packaging process teams to understand incoming part characteristics, as well as biochemistry and sequencing teams using proper QC methodology to assess functionality
- Supports and leads team to troubleshoot existing processes and provides guidance on potential enhancements
- Plan, communicate, and summarize overall testing plans, schedules, and results
- Seamlessly work with production team to transfer relevant SOP’s and QC protocols from R&D to production
- PhD or equivalent experience in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemical or Chemical Engineering, Physics or related field.
- 7+ years of industry experience dealing with different phases of the product life cycle, at least 2+ years of management or team-lead experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is desired, semiconductors, CMOS sensors, MEMS, biomolecules (protein, DNA handling), bioassays, biosensors, wet chemistry, microfluidic systems, flowcells, optical bench setup, Labview setups etc.
- Proficient in using data analysis software like JMP, R, Matlab to analyze large datasets, DOE creation, and statistical methods for process monitoring and QC
- Highly motivated self-starter having strong organizational, analytical, presentation and communication
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.