Senior Staff Engineer, Instrument Software
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- You have a talent for architecting software abstractions that focus on being clean, robust and maintainable
- You have significant experience writing production software in a real-time control environment
- You have created quality code in an agile software environment with an emphasis on automated testing
- You are able to perform root-cause analysis and debug complex software systems
- You have a strong desire to achieve commercial success with your company’s products
- Architect, design and code across the entire software stack in our DNA sequencers
- Collaborate with engineers, scientists and program managers to achieve scalable instrument software architectures
- Communicate and document designs using behavioral and structural diagrams
- Quickly create proof-of-concept prototypes and evaluate feasibility
- Support and mentor software team members
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline, or equivalent, with 10+ years related experience or equivalent
- Excellent coding skills and fluency in managed runtime environments, such as .NET or Java
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to be able to effectively interact with mechanical, electronic, quality, and manufacturing engineers
- Knowledge of or experience with:
- High-performance computing solutions
- Diagnostic equipment or services in the life sciences industry
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.