Senior Software Engineer, Linux Software Deployment
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Design and Organization of Operating System on our Product
- Building and Deploying Software Product
- DevOps Support for HW/SW Product Development
Pacific Biosciences seeks a smart, creative, energetic new teammate to take the design of software platform, and software deployment to the next level. Be a part of a fast-paced team delivering building tools and software to implement instrument design, deployment, and upgrade. You might be the teammate we are looking for if you know more than just using Linux, and have deployed software to computers, IoT devices, or embedded systems.
Your Projects May Include:
- Create the next generation of runtime or dev-time environments used in custom hardware instruments, with components such as FPGA or GPU.
- Design installation and upgrade procedure for HW/SW product.
- Operating system tuning and device drivers.
- The stability, security, and performance of the instrument software
- Work on BIOS and kernel, Linux distros, and hardware, you might be also talking to vendors like Supermicro, AMD, or Nvidia
- End-to-end, new instrument infrastructure testing simulation deployment, crucial to development velocity and overall business operations.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Linux system services, device drivers, kernel source code, performance measurement, and profiling.
- Shell, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Cmake, Gradle, sbt, meson, or other software build systems.
- Source control management like git and workflow like gitflow.
- Knowledge about development process of production software and continuous integration (CI).
- Forward-thinking with a continuous learning mindset for growth.
- Focus on quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Constructive team player, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering BS/MS/PhD or relevant disciplines or experience.
- Work with a wide variety of people across engineering disciplines.
These might help you stand out if:
- You know how to script complex task with shell scripts or other scripting languages.
- You have deployed software to a large number of computers.
- You have worked on configuration management systems like chef, ansible, or puppet.
- You have worked on the device driver or configuration of the Linux kernel.
- You have worked with the computer vendors on firmware and hardware configuration.
- You have experience with software profiling and performance measurement.
- You have experience with Linux containers or virtualized servers.
- You have worked on GPUs applications.
- You have worked on software for embedded system or networked appliances.
- Hands-on HW SW integration and system-level troubleshooting experience is a plus
- Experience developing SW life cycle documentation is a plus
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.