Sr Scientist II, Assay Development
230 Constitution Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
About the Company
Talis is an exciting biomedical company that just completed an IPO on February 12, 2021! We have developed an innovative, proprietary, point-of-care molecular diagnostics platform. We have also recently developed a rapid COVID-19 assay test that runs on this platform. Enabling rapid testing across a wide range of healthcare settings, Talis is growing quickly. Come and join us to make a significant impact during this public health crisis and beyond. Contribute and be a significant team member as we develop other assays and launch other pipeline products in the infectious disease area.
Our visionary team combines depth of experience with passion to deliver. Our pioneering tests are designed to enable caregivers to quickly detect infectious organisms and enable individualized care. From the doctor’s office to the hospital bedside, to remote care settings, we are re-defining the treatment of infectious diseases.
Talis is committed to excellence in advancing improved health outcomes. This commitment, along with a dynamic team culture, drives our mission to develop and commercialize novel approaches.
The candidate will work in molecular diagnostics in the infectious disease area, joining a team of outstanding, dedicated scientists. We are seeking talented, motivated and driven individuals to join a collaborative effort to enable development of rapid diagnostic tests.
This opportunity is in the fields of molecular diagnostics and leverages our proprietary microfluidic system. This position is an opportunity for the appropriate candidate to further develop independent thinking, creativity and leadership.
- Optimize chemistry and biological assays related to nucleic acid technologies targeting infectious agents in bodily fluids.
- Plan, carry out experiments, report data and work with others to achieve timely execution of projects.
- Responsible to lead and or carry out, and participate in activities in product development process such as feasibility, assay development work, integration on devices and method transfer to other teams as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems and identify solutions to technical challenges.
- Plan and document well designed experiments, prepare data and content. Will create and present data within the Company and may also prepare and deliver other presentations including white papers or other Company material.
- Hire, develop and manage the work of junior associates.
- Maintain excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results.
- Ability to lead/work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Work as part of cross functional team to ensure project milestone delivery.
- Maintain excellent levels of safety and environmental standards within the laboratory.
- Experience managing and supervising the work of others.
- Broad experience in standard molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA sample preparation, nucleic acid extraction and clean-up methods, PCR and RT-PCR essential.
- Experience with guard-banding, setting QC specifications, test method characterizations and validations is a must.
- Strong background in statistical data analysis desired.
- Hands-on expertise in formulation optimization, and troubleshooting for nucleic acid amplification (qPCR, isothermal amplification) necessary.
- Hands-on experience with qPCR is required, with droplet/digital PCR highly desired.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Strong background in microbial biology.
- Experience integrating assays on devices.
- Experience in development of clinical diagnostic assays for infectious disease.
- Experienced in current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and 21 CFR 820 Quality System Regulation is highly desired.
- Ph.D. in Microbiology (preferred specialty), Cellular or Molecular Biology or related fields with 6-10 years of related post-doctoral experience.