Process Development Scientist
9535 Waples St Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92121
Summary of Role:
We are seeking a Scientist to join our Process Development Team. This role will report to our Process Development and Quality Control Lead within the Manufacturing group. A successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced and a highly collaborative start-up environment doing cutting-edge science. This person will work closely with personnel from the Manufacturing, Research & Development, Engineering, Quality, Commercial and Bioinformatics Teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute wet lab experiments.
- Identify root causes to technical issues and develops and implements sustainable countermeasures to address them.
- Engage and collaborate with team members at Codex DNA to help transfer new products to the Manufacturing team.
- Establish, implement, or improve pre-existing manufacturing processes.
- Document design and manufacturing results in relevant documents.
- Establish a stability program.
- Communicates finding and proposals to upper management.
- Consistently demonstrate and follow-through in implementing projects and tasks.
- Background within operations, process development, and quality improvements.
- Experience with technology transfer from R&D to manufacturing.
- Hands on experience with molecular biology techniques, including PCR, cloning, DNA extraction, agarose-gel analysis, DNA purification; basic laboratory techniques, such as, media and buffer preparation, sterile techniques for propagating bacterial and yeast cultures; and Sanger Sequencing data analysis.
- Experience in synthetic DNA synthesis, antibody design, or codon optimization highly desirable.
- Innovative in troubleshooting and working across cross-functional teams will be considered a highly favorable characteristic for this position.
- Adaptability to changing priorities and projects is expected.
- All other duties as assigned or necessary
- BS Degree with 5 - 8 years of relevant laboratory experience; or MS degree with 3 - 6 years of experience; or Ph.D in Life Sciences/Bioengineering or a related field with 1 - 3 years of experience.
- As a critical and essential role, the candidate must be willing and able to travel to the San Diego, CA office to report to work. We have protocols in place to provide a safe, socially distanced work environment.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds required.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a bulletpointed outline of your skills, experience, and education outlined in the requirements section to [email protected].
About Our Organization
Our mission is to apply our breakthroughs in automation solutions for DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis to enable customers to program and "write" synthetic biology that creates sustainable healthcare and technology solutions for some of humanity’s biggest challenges. Our gene synthesis portfolio reduces the turnaround time for synthesizing workflows from weeks and months to days and hours, and includes the BioXp™ system, DNA services, Gibson Assembly® reagents, and Vmax™ chemically competent cells. In addition to automating, accelerating, and optimizing DNA design, synthesis, cloning and amplification, Codex DNA and the BioXp™ system ensure your designs stay in your hands, marrying speed and security for innovators in drug discovery, vaccine development, precision medicine, and beyond.