9535 Waples St Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92121
Summary of Role:
We are seeking a Scientist who is ready to show their skills to join our R&D Team. This role will report to the Director of R&D and will have an opportunity to contribute to the development of new products and building our business around our biopolymer-printer. A successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced and a highly collaborative start-up environment doing cutting-edge science. This person will work closely with personnel from the R&D, Manufacturing and Operations Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceive, plan and execute wet lab experiments.
- Engage and collaborate with team members at Codex DNA to bring research related initiatives towards new product development.
- Document experiments in detailed and complete reports; present data-supported conclusions in meetings.
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and follow-through in implementing projects and tasks.
- Keep up to date with scientific literature in the areas of strategic interest to Codex DNA.
- Work on projects effectively to meet key milestones and deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Serve as an example to Codex DNA’s Culture.
- As a critical and essential role, the candidate must be willing and able to travel to the San Diego, CA office to report to work. We have protocols in place to provide a safe, socially distanced work environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of academic experience with basic molecular biology techniques such as PCR, RT-PCR, Cloning (Gibson Assembly, Conventional Ligation Technique, Golden-Gate Assembly), plasmid and genomic DNA extraction, agarose-gel analysis and extraction of DNA, Microbiological media preparation, Buffers preparation, Sterile Techniques for propagating bacterial and yeast cultures, Sanger Sequencing and NGS data analysis.
- Hands-on experience with in vitro transcription (IVT) and coupled in vitro transcription-translation, protein overexpression techniques, analysis through SDS-PAGE, Western Blot is a must.
- Innovative in trouble shooting, generating new ideas and constantly willing to learn will be considered highly favorable characteristics for this position.
- Adaptability to changing priorities and projects is expected.
- All other duties as assigned or necessary
- PhD in Life Sciences (Molecular Biology/Biochemistry/Synthetic Biology/RNA Biology/Cell-free synthesis) or similar industry work experience.
- 1+ years of industry experience working on or shipping a commercial project/product.
How to Apply
Please email your resume to [email protected] with a bulletpointed summary of experience as it relates to required qualifications, education, and preferred qualifications. Thanks!
About Our Organization
Our mission is to apply our breakthroughs in automation solutions for DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis to enable customers to program and "write" synthetic biology that creates sustainable healthcare and technology solutions for some of humanity’s biggest challenges. Our gene synthesis portfolio reduces the turnaround time for synthesizing workflows from weeks and months to days and hours, and includes the BioXp™ system, DNA services, Gibson Assembly® reagents, and Vmax™ chemically competent cells. In addition to automating, accelerating, and optimizing DNA design, synthesis, cloning and amplification, Codex DNA and the BioXp™ system ensure your designs stay in your hands, marrying speed and security for innovators in drug discovery, vaccine development, precision medicine, and beyond.