Strategic Planning Lead, OFS Strategy & Transformation
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Reporting to our Associate Vice President of Order Fulfillment and Supply Chain (OFS) Strategy & Transformation the Strategic Planning Lead will be a key thought partner for the OFS Leadership Team. S/he will combine keen business acumen, solid manufacturing & supply chain strategic thinking and demonstrated expertise in next generation technologies to drive strategic planning, digital transformation and key initiatives across our four centers of expertise.
This critical role will serve as a strategic thought partner to the OFS Leadership Team who lead our best-in-class organization. S/he will lead a highly skilled, matrixed global team of functional partners responsible for strategic planning across Agilent. A fundamental expectation of this role is to champion digital innovation and transformation while anticipating and inspiring preparation for future trends, opportunities and challenges.
Overview of role expectations
- Strategic thinking & collaborative leadership: collaborate across OFS leadership to analyze business conditions and lead development of OFS objectives, strategies and short/mid/long-term plans to achieve strategic and financial goals. Drive the processes to ensure successful implementation & accountability of plans.
- Market & financial acumen and analytical ability: understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant manufacturing & supply chain models, and how to translate these into proposals supporting financial and transformation objectives. Maintain keen awareness of relevant external models & competition, conditions and trends in manufacturing & supply chain organizations & digital advancements. Ensure data-driven decision making in strategic planning & execution.
- Strategic transformation: assess, update & drive key elements of OFS next gen roadmap to focus on prioritizing, executing, and managing the transformational change required to meet OFS’ near and long term aspirations.
- Strategic sustainability: further enhance OFS commitment to sustainability through our manufacturing and supply chain practices as well as our people & leadership practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Life Sciences discipline. Advanced degree highly desirable.
- Minimum of (10+) years of strategy leadership experience or the equivalent. Supply chain &/or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the markets Agilent serves, Agilent products and customers’ business needs
- Experience driving global digital, next gen transformation and/or sustainability initiatives required including creating complex business strategies & multi-year actionable plans
- Demonstrated track record of results using interpersonal, relationship-building skills required to lead multi-cultural and geographically dispersed teams in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment.
- Transformational leader who brings intensity & excitement everyday
- Passionate, visionary thinker with a desire to excel and inspire others
- High degree of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Creative thinker willing to explore unique, out-of-the-box solutions
- Persistent in the face of resistance and adaptable to rapid change
- Ability to weave complex concepts into a clear compelling message
- Excellent collaboration, influencing and facilitation skills across business groups, functions and employee levels
- Pragmatic and customer focused
- Ability to identify and focus on key priorities
- Self-starter, self-reliant, courage of conviction
- Willingness to travel globally on a regular basis