Research Associate, Sample Prep Biochemistry
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Pacific Biosciences seeks a Research Assistant with a molecular biology background to join the Sample Preparation Team. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of the core front-end sample preparation products for the Pacific Biosciences SMRTTM (single molecule, real-time) sequencing platforms. The primary objectives of the team are to develop highly scalable, user-friendly, products and protocols that increase system throughput. Experience with molecular biology techniques such as genomic DNA extraction, PCR, industry-standard sample prep practices (NGS), and sequencing applications is essential. The successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced and energetic environment, interacting with scientists and engineers with diverse backgrounds.
- Support lab efforts to develop sample preparation protocols, reagents, and controls for Pacific Biosciences SMRTTM sequencing platforms
- Generate sequencing libraries and run Pacific Biosciences instruments
- First line analysis, interpretation and troubleshooting experimental results
- B.S. degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
- 1+ years of Biochemistry and/or Molecular Biology laboratory research experience
- Technical proficiency in general laboratory practices, particularly Biochemistry/Molecular Biology (PCR, cloning, DNA quantification and sizing, DNA extraction, nucleic acid modifying enzymes)
- Excellent record-keeping and careful attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Enjoy working closely with others as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Prior experience in operating next-generation DNA sequencing instruments and assays desired
- Experience working in the biotech industry strongly preferred
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.