Senior Scientist, Sample Prep Biochemistry
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Pacific Biosciences seeks a scientist with a strong molecular biology background to join the Sample Preparation Team. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of the core front-end sample preparation products for the Pacific Biosciences SMRTTM (single molecule, real-time) sequencing platforms. The primary objectives of the team are to develop highly scalable, user-friendly, products and protocols that increase system throughput. A strong working knowledge of genomic DNA extraction, industry-standard sample prep practices (NGS), and sequencing applications is essential. The successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced and energetic environment, interacting with scientists and engineers with diverse backgrounds.
- Hands-on laboratory work developing sample preparation methods and running Pacific Biosciences instruments
- Analysis, interpretation and troubleshooting experimental results
- Innovation to improve Pacific Biosciences SMRTTM sequencing sample preparation methods and products
- Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
- 3+ years of Biochemistry and/or Molecular Biology laboratory research experience
- Technical proficiency in general laboratory practices, particularly Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Excellent record-keeping and careful attention to detail
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working closely with others as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Prior experience in operating next-generation DNA sequencing instruments and assays
- Expertise in DNA modifying enzymes
- Quantitative analysis of experimental data
- Prior experience in the biotechnology industry desirable
- Familiarity with Product Development process desirable
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.