Software Engineer Automation Test Manager
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
As a Software Test Automation leader, you’ll build and manage a team of SDETs / SQEs that’ll develop and maintain extensible solutions for our Software Engineering department. This position reports directly to the VP of Software Engineering and supports four Product teams and two Platform teams. You’ll also have the opportunity to work closely alongside the senior leadership team, including product and engineering managers, to drive the quality of the product and delight users. The software department needs a key leader that’s enthusiastic, professional, and experienced in the Life Sciences.
- Python, C#, or C++ coding, along with a background in data structures, algorithms, and machine learning knowledge.
- Architecting and building test automation frameworks with Pytest, Robot, TestNG, JUnit, NUnit, or similar tools.
- Testing tools for web applications and API testing, such as Selenium, Cucumber, Rest-Assured, etc.
- Test Management tools such as Jira, X-Ray, TestRail, or similar.
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo, or similar.
- QA across multiple domains such as web applications, data engineering, algorithms, and embedded or IoT systems.
- Linux-based systems and command line and shell scripting.
- Automated penetration testing and static code analysis for vulnerabilities.
- Up to date with industry trends, assess and utilize new technologies to help solve problems and maintain a growth mindset to keep learning.
- Principles first thinking that results in pragmatic solutions.
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of an organization.
Pacific Biosciences (NASDAQ: PACB) is striving to cure disease with comprehensive genomics, from improving human health to aiding all forms of biology and microbiology. In particular, our technology is being used for most COVID-19 pandemic surveillance to track mutations and virulence. Join the team and have a significant impact on human well-being and build a collective understanding of the biological world.
Your Opportunity To Make An Impact
- Build a high-performing test automation team of QA engineers for integration and end-to-end testing that spans our DNA sequencing instruments, signal and bioinformatics algorithms, data pipelines, web services APIs, and web-based analysis applications.
- Partner with four product engineering teams and two platform teams to define QA processes and quality metrics, ensure quality for products and features, assess risks and ensure features ship with a high-quality bar.
- Execute feasibility studies and select the best set of tools to build the test automation framework; architect and design an extensible solution based on the selected framework.
- Support algorithm and performance regression tests across teams, automated end-to-end tests on instrument hardware, and expand the diversity of tests and test cadence for faster feedback.
- Develop common cross-team metrics and reporting for product quality, testing, and performance.
- Coach teams on best-practice approaches to functional and unit testing. Support teams with test platform development and improvements.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Software QA methodologies, processes, standards, metrics, and tools.
- Hands-on experience in architecting and building test automation frameworks from scratch.
- Technical leadership and managing SDET / SQE teams.
- Delivered enterprise-level solutions that were reliable and scalable, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Computer Science or related discipline BS/MS/PhD or equivalent experience.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.