TEMPORARY- Clinical Laboratory Scientist- Data Review
16981 Via Tazon
San Diego, CA 92127
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Data Review will review chromatographic data and calculated results obtained from a variety of standardized urinalysis tests in a toxicology laboratory for the detection of prescription and illicit drugs using advanced LC-MS-MS technology and EIA; applies toxicological and chromatographic rule sets to determine acceptability of results; requests additional testing as necessary; approves reports and patient results to ordering physicians.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Responsible for testing to troubleshoot result issues.
- Reports laboratory test results for all test methods approved by CAP, NY and CLIA.
- Ensures accuracy and quality of test results meeting required turnaround times.
- Enters testing data and reviews chromatography and calculated results from a variety of standardized tests on urine samples using advanced LC-MS-MS technology and EIA for the detection of prescription and illicit drugs.
- Evaluates the validity of results obtained, maintains proper records of results and creates a report of results.
- Maintains quality control and LC-MS-MS chromatographic data prior to release or results to physicians.
- Ensures that testing methods follow established quality control procedures.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, documents and resolves test result issues.
- Documents issues using the Laboratory Occurrence Management (LOM) form.
- Acts as a resource to laboratory technicians, laboratory assistants and associate scientists.
- Follows safe laboratory practices and participates in operational support activities necessary to maintain and optimize testing capabilities.
- May oversee the duties of clinical laboratory technicians, clinical laboratory assistants and associate scientists who prepare specimens or perform other less complex procedures.
- Participates in internal laboratory audits.
Remains aware of evolving needs and opportunities, showing flexibility in doing whatever is appropriate to support the Company’s success. Pursues educational opportunities to maintain advanced and up-to-date knowledge in the field. Performs all other related duties as required and assigned and understands that the items in this description are not all-inclusive.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES
- 0-4 years’ experience in high complexity testing; CLIA/CAP environment
- Must maintain continuing education units required by California Department of Health Services
- Knowledgeable in laboratory methods and techniques
- Knowledgeable of equipment and supplies used in a laboratory
- Proficient in MS applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Effective attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree with current California CLS license
- ASCP license highly preferred
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This position will require the following physical requirements; sitting (list %), walking (list %), standing (list %), lifting up to (list no. of lbs.)
- This position will require the following mental requirements; [list essential requirements along with percentage of time]
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Millennium Health is an accredited specialty laboratory with over a decade of experience in drug testing services helping clinicians monitor use of prescription medications and illicit drugs and effectiveness of treatment plans. Our genetic testing services, including pharmacogenetic testing, help clinicians make more informed medication choices.