Associate Vice President, Business HR, OFS
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent is regularly recognized by external organizations for its culture as well as its practices around processes and people.
This is a unique opportunity for a strong HR professional to act as the primary HR business partner to the senior executives of the Order Fulfillment & Supply Chain Organization, providing consultative support, unbiased perspectives and coaching to the business leadership team to enhance leadership effectiveness so that a high performance workforce is built in support of Agilent's strategic objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*Trusted strategic business partner & influencer, coach & advisor - Provide HR consulting, executive coaching, insights and solutions to the leadership team to address business challenge and leader development. Contributes to the development of successful business strategies.
*Organizational Design & Capability, Talent & Headcount Mgmt Strategies: Diagnose and clearly articulate the root causes of organizational performance. Anticipate the need for change, and influence action before a crisis or inflection point arrives. Facilitates leadership assessment and succession planning to identify next generation leaders. Provide consulting on development of key talent, consulting with Country HR as necessary. Assess Partner with senior leaders to evaluate Agilent Leadership Survey results.
*Connector to ensure alignment / business support - provide business partner support for managers, including counseling senior business managers on people-related strategies and influencing global HR functions, country HR and HR service organizations based on people-related needs of business.
* Business HR Operations -- Support Executive-level hires and exits. Work with Staffing on key hiring projects for the business. Consult Officer/Executive on annual rewards planning process and various compensation activities during the year. Ensure end-to-end HR service delivery by maintaining partnership across all corporate and country HR functions. Provide input to select performance management/employee relations cases as needed.
* Strategic thinking - Partner with business leaders to implement solutions that solve complex business challenges to address these issues. Discernment of what is strategic vs operational.
* Financial acumen - Understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into appropriate management and HR actions.
* HR acumen - Working knowledge of people management skills. Familiar with the entire HR service delivery chain including staffing, total rewards, learning & development. Sufficient understanding of current legal, regulatory and governmental labor environment.
* Business acumen - Understand organization's business strategies. Aware of relevant external business competition, conditions and trends and how to translate these into appropriate management and HR actions.
* Partnering and influence - Present solutions in ways that are heard, understood and supported. Add insight that positively influences senior management decision-making. Communicate with clarity, conviction and confidence across regions/cultures, including upward when necessary.
* Personal credibility - Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight through active leadership. Maintain self-esteem and that of others while directly and constructively addressing issues. Create trust and mutual respect. Demonstrate courage, curiosity, humility and emotional agility.
* Self-understanding - Advanced self-awareness and self-confidence. Recognize personal biases. Understand own strengths and liabilities. Proactively work to develop, complement or offset personal gaps or liabilities.
*Agilent perspective - demonstrate the ability to understand the broader enterprise and critical interconnectivity
*Appreciation of relationships - solid understanding of the network across Agilent, working across white space, understanding when you need to know vs when you need to do.
This position can be performed anywhere in the world, US preferred.
The salary range for this position may differ based on your actual work location. For CO, the salary range is $157,120 and $245,500.
*Bachelors or master’s degree or University Degree or equivalent.
*Typically 12+ years relevant experience for entry to this level.
*Postgraduate and/or certification/license may be required.
*Requires a highly specialized level of technical expertise or business acumen.
*Extensive breadth and depth of knowledge arrived through exposure to emerging technical advancements or complex business situations.