Global Legal Compliance Operations Leader
5555 Airport Boulevard
Lake Center Business ParkSuite 100
Boulder, CO 80301
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The key responsibilities of the Global Compliance Operations Leader will be to:
· Develop and deliver on a strategy and plan for managing the operations of the compliance program including policies, procedures, tools, resources, training, communications.
· Communicating clearly, in an engaging manner, with impact the key messages of the program components in a manner that is appropriately tailored to the audience in content, design, language and other aspects.
· Building a positive, recognizable brand for the Compliance organization.
· Location near an Agilent Office is a plus, but not a requirement.
· Certification or expertise in an area of compliance such as privacy, fraud, audit, or general compliance is preferred and will be required within one year of hire.
Working with Agilent’s Global Compliance team, the Compliance Operations Leader position ensures the global program is properly focused, organized, managed, and documented. It supports the strategy and goals of the organization and is key in communicating and organizing the company’s policies, procedures, tools and resources in a way that can be readily accessed and understood by employees and partners around the world. It is a critical role in supporting the organization’s policies, Standards of Business Conduct, and values of Innovation, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, Speed, Focus and Accountability.
As Compliance Leader your responsibilities will entail:
1. Developing a strategic plan and vision for the organization’s structure, management, and updating (to a principles based approach) of the Standards of Business Conduct for Employees, Supplier Code of Conduct, Standards of Business Conduct for Channel Partners, Healthcare Compliance Code and other policies, guidelines and procedures and processed owned or supported by Compliance.
2. Leading the operations team, providing coaching, development and guidance in their work.
3. Overseeing and develop a strategic and compelling communications plan for content management of all communications channels related to Compliance and Privacy to ensure active and engaging communication with the network around relevant and timely topics of interest.
4. Developing a plan and effective tools and infrastructure to ensure monitoring of existing and proposed relevant compliance laws and regulations at a global, regional and local level and a method for sharing the resources efficiently internally with teams who need such information.
5. Creating special events (live and virtual) to engage with the internal community on compliance topics in new and unexpected ways.
6. Developing and disseminating timely and relevant communications and tools (e.g. infographics, visuals, charts, and comparisons) across Agilent regarding compliance laws, regulations, practices and procedures, to business units to best explain compliance and privacy principles and expectations to employees, suppliers, channel partners and other interested parties.
7. Developing, delivering and managing compelling and impactful training according to business and compliance needs with targeted audiences using scenarios and case studies.
8. Overseeing tools and processes managed by Global Compliance such as registrations, hotline reporting, investigations, data subject requests, breach notifications, supplier qualification, and channel partner review and ensuring continuous improvement.
9. Managing policies and procedures owned by Global Compliance, including updating, version control, and providing related tools and resources.
10. Partnering with the Internal Audit and other investigations team to support investigations and audit findings and ensuring appropriate resolutions of such findings for Agilent’s compliance globally.
11. Partnering with business leaders to understand company plans and products, support risk assessments and provide risk-based compliance recommendations
12. Advising the business regarding company practices that impact compliance.
13. Supporting any other aspects of the Compliance and Privacy programs, communications, projects, technology, and events as may be required.
The salary range for this position in Boulder, CO is $170,320 and $266,125.
Bachelor’s, Master’s or University Degree or equivalent job experience are needed.
· At lease twelve years of substantive compliance experience in any compliance-related field such as privacy, healthcare, fraud, audit, risk management, sales compliance, field compliance and/or information security is required.
· Experience delivering global compliance projects is strongly preferred.
· Experience working within a global organization is strongly preferred.
· Background in life sciences, healthcare, and/or biotechnology is a plus.
· Excellent communication, influencing, and teamwork skills are a must.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the capacity to develop innovative solutions and influence outcomes are necessary.
· Must have a strong sense of integrity and ability to work collaboratively within a matrixed organization.
· Given the nature of the work, the successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to interface globally and build strong, trusted working relationships with colleagues.
· Proficiency with information technology is a plus.