Application Scientist, mRNA
10770 Wateridge Circle, Ste 200
San Diego, CA 92121
TriLink BioTechnologies is actively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through vaccine and diagnostic programs.
TriLink BioTechnologies, a Maravai LifeSciences company, is seeking a Application Scientist to join our growing team. This role is responsible for developing relationships with external partners and customers in support of identifying innovative and long-term opportunities to create value for the client and TriLink BioTechnologies. Drive core and strategic revenue growth via the development of content and insight/data contributions to multi-channel marketing campaigns to support the company's long-term growth objectives: publicly present data and comprehensive product education. Successful performance increases overall TriLink revenue, profitability, and market share by driving product awareness, adoption, and utilization by customers.
A technical resource that can answer advanced customer inquiries and support TriLink scientific credibility, further demonstrating the company's expertise in our core markets. The application scientist role is expected to perform as technical support, conference presenter, webinar presenter, "lunch and learn" field representation.
- Technical advisor to Product Management and Commercial Sales Team on customer projects and issues
- Participate in product launch teams and contribute to initial launch marketing deliverables.
- Collaborate with Business Development to develop and implement strategies and tactics to drive awareness of TriLink offerings with potential new partners and support new partnerships
- Respond to customer technical inquiries via phone and email
- (Post-COVID) Field visits to key customers and academic institutions for "lunch and learn" sessions and hands-on troubleshooting
- Present on technical concepts for TriLink's in-house webinar series and training
- Present TriLink abstracts at conferences
- Subject matter expert and key opinion leader in the areas of
- mRNA design and manufacturing
- Innate immune responses to mRNA
- Genome editing
- Self-replicating RNAs
- Gene Therapy
- 5+ years of relevant (mRNA) lab experience in either academia or industry, 2+ years of PhD
- MS degree or Ph.D. (MS is more likely to apply)
- Strong understanding of mRNA synthesis principles
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical challenges
- Previous customer-facing experience a plus, ability to work with customers required
TriLink BioTechnologies is a rapidly growing biotech firm in San Diego, CA that offers competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
TriLink BioTechnologies is an EEO employer.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
TriLink BioTechnologies, a Maravai LifeSciences company, offers mRNA and oligo solutions as comprehensive CDMO services and an expansive stocked menu - to accelerate research, diagnostic, and therapeutic applications. TriLink has paved the way with industry-leading technology, consistently high quality, and ready access to expert scientific support.