Senior Data Architect
Senior Data Architect
Proteona is building a globally connected infrastructure to deliver timely reports to our customers in medical, research, and industrial operations settings. We are seeking a highly organized individual to design, implement and manage a best-principles data ecosystem for data analysis and interactive reporting. The Candidate will have experience with the initial deployment of systems that adhere to legal requirements pertaining to patient data protections (e.g. HIPAA, GDPR).
- Design and construct a database to house genomics data and computations
- Deploy best-principles practices for database versioning and access control
- Maintain and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for data platform: HIPPA/GDPR/CAP
- Integrate back-end data systems with front-end analysis environment, constructing methods to access data views in Python and/or R
- Manage version-control for artificial-intelligence platform - models and training data
- Incorporate versioned data ecosystem into existing workflows for genomics analysis
- Enable version-control for ad-hoc analysis, conduct user training for in-house analysts and troubleshoot issues with implementation
- Design a data governance solution as per company requirement
- Create systems to keep data secure and compliant with industry standards
- Either: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 10 years of industry experience or MS/PhD in related field and 2 years industry experience or an outstanding academic publication record
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern database design principles
- Experience with cloud database products
- Experience navigating international regulatory requirements for biomedical data
- Experience building data dashboards
- Desired is past experience working with genomics datatypes
- Follows best practices for version control and software development
Senior Data Architect will report to the Director of Bioinformatics.
How to Apply
- Provide a CV with education and degrees indicated
- Describe a genomics project you were involved with, what was your role in the project?
- What are the biggest challenges to managing genomics data, specifically?
- What is your experience with regulatory agencies or compliance conformance?
- What is your experience working in a shared development environment?
- What is your ideal work schedule?
- Describe your ideal boss.
- How do you stay up-to-date with news and discoveries relevant to your tools?
- What is the largest data group you have worked among? What is the smallest?
- Why do you want to be involved with what we are doing at Proteona?
If you are interested in joining Proteona, please send your response to the questionnaire to [email protected]. An incomplete application will not be accepted.
About Our Organization
Proteona is a precision medicine company in Singapore, Germany, and the US that is pioneering the use of single cell multi-omics to improve clinical outcomes in cancer. Using a combination of innovative single cell assays and AI-assisted bioinformatics, Proteona enables pharmaceutical companies, biotech partners, and clinicians to integrate single cell level precision into their clinical projects. Proteona continues to develop comprehensive, disease-specific single cell databases combining gene expression, protein expression, and mutation information derived from each individual cells as well as drug response data for each sample. Proteona has been selected as a “One to Watch” by Nature Research Spinoff Award and a Winner of Falling Walls Ventures Breakthrough of the Year 2020. Proteona is a spin-off from the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR).
Follow us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/proteona/ for the latest career opportunities