AVP, Business Development
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best, improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are seeking a high energy, passionate and experienced professional to join our Corporate Development team as an Associate Vice President, reporting to the VP of Corporate Development/Head of M&A.
The position has high visibility in the organization and involves frequent interaction with the Executive Team as well as other Agilent cross-functional teams and counterparties. The role also involves active partnership with the VP-Business Development leads and close coordination with the VP-Group Controllers for each of the three Agilent business groups (i.e., ACG, DGG, LSAG). The ideal candidate will lead by influence and work collaboratively across the organization.
The Associate VP of Corporate Development will serve as the lead across all aspects of the acquisition lifecycle, including the formation, coordination and leadership of deal teams, due diligence, and represent Agilent in deal negotiations. The role will also support deal origination and M&A funnel development in partnership with the Business Development leads. The successful candidate will develop and maintain strategic relationships with investment banks, venture capital and private equity firms focused on the life sciences and diagnostics markets. The AVP of Corporate Development will monitor and report M&A competitor activities, landscape trends and key marketplace activities to Agilent.
- Position is full-time with a preference for Santa Clara, CA
- Relocation costs will be considered
- Note: All work is currently remote given COVID protocols
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience with 10+ years of practical business experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree (or equivalent). MBA strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business, finance, and analytical skills
- Experience interfacing with senior management and/or clients
- M&A project management experience
- Solid working knowledge of Agilent, including its business functions, markets, financial data, and systems
- Business/Corporate Development, investment banking/finance, private equity and/or management consulting experience