Director, Corporate and Executive Communications
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent is seeking an energetic, creative, strategic, and experienced individual to lead its Corporate and Executive Communications function. Reporting to the vice president of Global Communications and Public Affairs, the person selected for this role will be responsible for leading efforts that advance the company’s corporate narrative and expand awareness of Agilent’s mission and role as an industry leader. In addition, the director of Corporate and Executive Communications will serve as a strategic partner to Agilent senior executives, assisting them in communicating their initiatives and business strategies companywide, as well as seeking potential opportunities to highlight Agilent thought leadership for external audiences.
· Help define corporate communications strategies and initiatives that support Agilent business objectives and convey the unique value of the Agilent corporate story and culture to a broad set of audiences.
· Establish and enhance relationships with traditional and digital media outlets.
· Drive media coverage of Agilent in support of the company’s corporate story.
· Actively manage and direct external agency partners.
· Support development of communications content, including news releases, Q&A documents, website content, executive talking points, fact sheets, etc.
· Active engagement/leadership in managing crisis communications response activities and planning.
· Closely collaborating with internal colleagues in Investor Relations, Legal, Corporate Development, and other parts of the organization as needed.
· Collaborating with business unit leaders and communicators to ensure consistency of messaging and to communicate broader, more impactful stories.
· Prepare company spokespeople for media interviews and other engagements, including training spokespeople, as needed.
· Working cross-functionally, define and manage the strategy, planning, and implementation of a robust social media presence for corporate messaging.
· Develop and execute an executive communications strategy for key company leaders to proactively reach and engage with internal audiences companywide.
· Manage thought leadership, speaking engagements, and interview opportunities for the CEO and executive team.
· Serve as a strategic adviser to key executives on messaging, tone, and speaker delivery focusing on messaging relevant for the companywide employee audience.
· Lead a small but mighty team of communications pros while also providing hands-on support partnering with company leaders in developing internal messaging and presentations for company updates, key initiatives, industry issues, and other topics.
· Successfully measure the progress, results, and impact of communications efforts.
· 10+ years of PR/communications experience.
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
· Strong presence as a trusted communications advisor to top executives.
· Ability to achieve strong results in a dynamic environment, often on short deadlines, while overseeing both the corporate communications and executive communications disciplines.
· Experience managing business issues and navigating/synthesizing various viewpoints.
· Strong Microsoft PowerPoint skills and the ability to develop outstanding executive presentations.
· Must be able to simultaneously focus on the big picture, tactical details, and driving results.
· 5+ years in a people management role; with a passion for team building, talent development and leadership.
· A proven track record of driving strategic media coverage and developing media relationships.
· Success working cross-functionally and influencing teams.
· Strong strategic thinker.
· Knack for translating complex topics into compelling, digestible stories.
· Experience executing coordinated, company-wide communications strategies.