Senior HR Generalist
1170 Mark Ave
Carpinteria, CA 93013
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The world's most revolutionary biopharma companies are partnering with Agilent Technologies to advance the next frontier of medicine. Agilent continues to invest in capacity and expansion of its Colorado operations. Join our team of professionals dedicated to the development and commercialization of nucleic acid therapeutics for life changing, lifesaving medicines.
We are seeking a candidate to join a high performing team of HR professionals in a casual and dynamic environment that delivers HR consulting to U.S. managers and employees in both face-to-face and remote situations. Enjoy the challenge of providing HR solutions to a variety of business issues. Agilent offers a culture that is dedicated to the values of innovation, trust, respect, accountability, teamwork and uncompromising integrity.
This position is located in Boulder/Frederick, Colorado and will primarily be focused on providing general HR support to the local sites as the organization manages through a business and culture transformation. You will be working with HR business partners, Business leaders, HR functions (e.g. Compensation, Payroll, Benefits, Staffing and Leadership and Learning) and employment attorneys to tackle challenging issues and projects related to:
1) Business and culture transformation
2) Workplace Investigations
3) Management Consultation
4) Employee Relations
5) Performance Management
6) Application of HR Policies and Guidelines
- Investigate employee relations issues, lead workplace investigations, and make recommendations to management team
- Coach and support managers in leading the organization through a major business and culture transformation
- Provide focused coaching and support to business managers to build a high-performance workforce in support of the business strategy and facilitate management's ability to lead through change
- Coach managers on hiring practices, performance management techniques, change management, company policy and employment law to promote a positive work environment aligned with the Agilent culture and values
- Ensure compliance and consistent application of HR policies and guidelines, maintaining awareness and knowledge of local legislation and provide suitable interpretation to staff within the organization
-Collaborate with the leadership team and employment attorneys on all involuntary terminations
-Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment while managing and executing tasks with multiple conflicting priorities
-You will work onsite at both the Frederick, CO location and Boulder, CO location
The salary range for this position in Boulder and Frederick, CO is currently 96,880 and 151,375.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree or equivalent University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of experience in a Human Resource related field
- Demonstrated experience with leading investigations
- Demonstrated ability to influence, coach and consult effectively and independently with director/executive levels as well as all other levels of a diverse organization on HR issues
- Demonstrated experience in applying performance management practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong people relationship management ability and influencing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal practices and precedents and how to apply employment law to workplace issues
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in effectively coaching managers on organizational design and through organizational change
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR fundamentals such as benefits, compensation, staffing, employee relations, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and training and development.
- Experience as a People Manager
- Experience in organizational development/effectiveness
- Experience in change management
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management fundamentals
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Experience in working in manufacturing organizations