Manager, Philanthropic Programs
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The manager of Philanthropic Programs at Agilent is responsible for the company’s corporate giving activities worldwide in support of the mission of “advancing the quality of life for all.” The individual selected for this role will serve as the company’s expert on charitable giving, not only leading key programs but also offering important advice and counsel to fellow employees. Responsibilities include working closely with the executive director of the Agilent Foundation to highlight the work of the Foundation for employees and the community, as well as carrying out day-to-day tasks in support of the Foundation. In addition, the individual in this role is also closely involved in the company’s other charitable activities including community giving, employee matching grants and employee volunteer programs.
- Articulates Agilent corporate philanthropic programs and priorities to internal and external audiences.
- Provides initial review, evaluation, and analysis for all Agilent Foundation grant applications.
- Develops and trains staff and extended staff on grant review processes and procedures as they evolve.
- Manages Foundation budget and reporting, working with the support of the Foundation’s outside accounting firm. This includes scheduling and overseeing reporting and payment requirements for grants.
- Oversees compliance as well as standard terms and conditions for all grant awards, award letters, agreements and proposals.
- Works with the Agilent Foundation executive director on Foundation Board presentations and proposals.
- Coordinates closely with, and serves as a resource for, Agilent site leaders on local site philanthropic activities. This includes ensuring activities are strategically linked to Agilent’s philanthropic mission.
- Serves as a company lead and advisor for internal inquiries on corporate giving.
- Works with Agilent team members to develop creative campaigns for Agilent’s employee matching grant program.
- Manages interaction and communication with external audiences including nonprofit entities and public officials.
- Creates and maintains measures of success.
- May supervise staff.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience: 3-5+ years in a strategic corporate philanthropy role.
- Knowledge of grant making and international grant management best practices.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Basic knowledge and experience working in a corporate work environment.
- Strategic thinker who understands the importance of linking charitable activities and programs to Agilent and the mission of the Agilent Foundation.
- An understanding and appreciation of global and local community resources and needs.
- Basic understanding of IRS regulations related to foundations.
- Understands the value of effective communications in engaging employees and driving positive results.
- Outstanding presentation skills, including strong writing skills.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles, with experience using QuickBooks a plus.
- Prior experience working with the Benevity giving platform a plus.
- Strong sense of ethics and compliance considerations in corporate giving.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other corporate functions including legal, finance, HR, and communications, to achieve the best results for key programs.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining productive working relationships with employees, volunteers, and nonprofit organizations.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint.